Part 4

Vera

I ran around the house playing with Mason as his mother took a nap on the couch. "I'm gonna eat you up!!" He squealed and laughed. "No auntie!!" He stumbled a little and I caught him and pretended to eat his stomach. "Yummy in my tummy!!" He giggles more before letting out a yawn. "Someone's tired." I went to wake his mother.

"Is my son dying?" She mumbled. "Uh...no?" She opened her tired eyes. "Then why did you wake me up?" I rolled my eyes. "Your son is tired and I think you should go home now, it's getting pretty late and Xeno might-" Her phone started ringing and it was none other than her husband, my brother. "I'll see you later." She took Mason and left me.

I tided up around the house. We lived in a forested area, lots of trees and animals and honestly it didn't bother. There was this little trail where I go for jogs sometimes, the creatures don't bother me. Plus I don't like people but we weren't far from civilization either. It's deadly cold in the night and early morning but I sometimes go out on the balcony with a hot cup of chocolate tea and look at the sky and scenery.

 It's deadly cold in the night and early morning but I sometimes go out on the balcony with a hot cup of chocolate tea and look at the sky and scenery

I close the window and curtains and made something for myself to eat then Ryder came in. He took off his blazer immediately. "Hey baby." He kissed me. "Hey, you looked stressed, want something to eat?" He nods sitting down. I got him some food and he thanked me. "I heard what happened at the mall."

Shocked I looked at him. "How?" He cleared his throat and looked away. "I heard two girls talking about a bat shit crazy woman yelling and a girl trying to hold her back." I laughed. He chuckled. "I took a wild guess." I shook my head. "I heard that it was Monique." I looked at him. "Yeah it was, but you know me, always the peace maker."

"She's going to apologize for what she did to you." I shook my head. "No, that's gonna start problems." I put my plate down. "I already spoke to them about it." I rolled my eyes. "Of course you did." He finished eating then looks at me. "You're so gorgeous. I'm lucky to have you in my life." I kissed his sweet, pink lips.

"Oh I wanted to ask you something." He looked at me. "What?" I looked at him then my hands. "During the situation at the mall, Monique said alpha and pack members, like the werewolf stuff." He gave me an uneasy look. "Babe you know that werewolf stuff creeps me out, everyone knows that, maybe she used it on you because she thinks that you are crept out too." That somehow makes sense to me.

"Oh! Well okay then." He blew a breath out, man he gets super uneasy about that werewolf stuff, he knows that they're not real. I shook my head as he got up to wash our dishes. We headed to bed early because both of us got busy days tomorrow. I cuddled his large body, he always makes me feel safe. "I'm sorry." I said and he hummed. "Why?" I looked at him. "For making you suffer without sex for so long." He chuckled. "Babe we were both busy and I'm not a sex crazed animal I could control myself but you made it up to me last night." 

He smirked kissing my neck. I blushed hiding my face. "I would have taken you again tonight but Alexis sent me a picture of you with an ice pack on our vagina." I groaned. "She's something else." He kissed me. "I don't need sex to make me happy, I get to see you everyday, alive and healthy and I can call you and ask you how was your day, I can cuddle you at night and wake up to see your scary morning face." I chuckled along with him."Oh shut up." He kissed me once more. "Get some rest beautiful, I love you." I kissed back. "I love you too." With those words, darkness took over.

When I woke up I didn't see my husband. "Welp." I got ready for work and headed out. When I got there I headed to the kitchen and started cooking. I just loved seeing people who enjoy my cooking. "Vera someone's here to see you!" Terry, the waiter called out. Who could that be? I walked out front and it was Monique and Vanessa. I folded my arms. "If you came here to start something I suggest you leave."

"We came to apologize about the mall incident." Oh I forgot. "I didn't mean to be disrespectful toward you and Alexis." She looked down. I simply nod. "Okay you can leave now." I turned away from them but Vanessa stopped me. "Tell him that we apologized to you?" I nod. "I will." With that they left. 

When I got home it was slightly early so I went on my jog. Today I decided to go a little past my trail. I put on my clothes and headed out. I just loved the scenery here. I finally stopped running after an hour when the place started getting dark. "Damn what time is it?" I searched for my phone but then I remembered I left it charging at home. Ryder is probably blowing my phone up.

Making my way back home, something felt off. This never happened before. Then there was a loud howl that echoed the air, the temperature was dropping by the minute and I wore a sports bra and tights. I tried to hurry home but heard the most dangerous growl in my life. I stopped completely, refusing to look at the creature.

My heart beat was going crazy and my eyes watered. It's loud footsteps came closer then I sprinted away as fast as I could. I glanced at the side of me to see whatever it was going ten times faster. I was about to die. When I fully turned to it's direction, I saw a jaw wide open about to swallow me whole but I was pushed. My body tumbled down a hill, hitting roots until darkness took over.