Part 20

Ryder

I looked at my children as we sat together in the living room. Vera was on my lap, snuggling me. She really wanted to relax today and just be with her family. Harlow and Bythe sat down on the love car as Audrey held Dante. 

~
~
Vera

I looked around the room, only a couple years ago I was married to a normal man to only find out that he was nothing but normal but a werewolf, an alpha for that fact. I was running from him but now I'm snuggling him, he gave me more than I could ever ask for. Everything was just perfect. "Ew really dad?!" Then the most horrible scent filled my nose, my eyes watered.

"I'm sorry but I couldn't keep it in! I told your mother curry was a bad idea!" I got off him as quick as I could. "You could have at least left the room!" I exclaimed opening the windows. "You looked so comfortable on me, I didn't wanna move you."

I looked at Dante who was trying to reach the window for fresh air. All Ryder did was laugh at us. "You guys behave like you never smelt it before." He was not serious. "I am not sleeping next to your gassy ass tonight, go sleep in one of the guest rooms, I'll burn the sheets in the morning." He rolled his eyes. "It's not that bad, guys, come one now." He got up holding his hands above his head. 

"Tell that to my burning eyeballs." Harlow mentioned. "Daddy poo poo?" Dante questioned making us laugh. The poor baby genuinely looked confused. Ryder only gave a smile. "No I didn't, Dante." His little feet waddled over to his father, checking his butt, the way we check his diaper. "Daddy sure?" This was just too cute.

"Daddy's sure, son." Dante pat his butt before waddling to me. "I think we should call it a night, this room is very unsafe at the moment, for humans and werewolves." Bythe grinned. "Go to your room, you're not too young to get your butt whooped." During the years, Ryder got better with the discipline and now he was a pro at it.

He no longer feels sympathy, maybe just a little when he sees them cry but the others days were just none whatsoever. "Take a joke dad, don't get in your feelings, old man." She pat his back as we made our way out the room. He looked at me. "It wasn't that bad." Shaking my head, I looked at him. "It was bad."

"It's your fault, I told you curry was a bad idea, I begged for something different but of course the kids got what they wanted now we're all paying the price." I shook my head at him. He was something else. "I'll know better next time, no curry when we're having family time, okay?" He placed a kiss on my cheek before farting once more. "That's all I ask." But I wasn't there to hear the rest.

"Go use the bathroom and light some candles while you're in there and sprays the place after then go take a bath-" He cut me off with a groan. "I got it, jeez woman!" I grinned, bothering him is a hobby for me.

During the night I felt the bed dip and hands cuddling me. "You couldn't stay away, could you?" He hummed in reply. I smiled cuddling. "Would you have stayed with me if I told you that I was a werewolf before we got married? Before we had our first child?" I looked at him. "Well, I don't know, I probably would, I mean I love you a lot and you treated me better than my own brother at times. You were always there, my little protector."

He snuggled my neck, kissing my mark that he placed on me a couple months after we had Harlow and Bythe. It still made me shiver. "There's nothing little about me. You should know that." I giggled at him. "I would have been scared at first but I would have come around, I know you wouldn't give up on me."

"The fact that you knew about what I was then you were having my children and you didn't run away, you were so strong. You still are." When there's war and attacks on the pack house, I pray every second it's going on that no one is dead, the way a woman cry for her mate, it's so sick. I feel that it's my fault at times because some of the wolves come to fight over me. "Well that's enough talking for one night." I pushed his head more into my neck making him chuckle at me. "Fine." I closed my eyes falling asleep.

~
~
Ryder

"For the love of God, Dante, Santa isn't real!" Audrey told her little brother, who had tears in his big, blue eyes. "He is! You butt is fake!" He screamed at her causing me to chuckle a little. Audrey turned red in embarrassment. It was true, she was on the small side while her sisters were more, developed than her. She was always jealous of them.

"Alright you too, stop it." Dante sniffed. "She start it daddy!" He squeaked out at me with a pout. "I know she did, bud now let's calm down okay? You don't want mummy to come and see you too fighting." He shook his head. "Good now go watch T.V." They both headed off. "Good job dad, you're getting better and better at this everyday." Bythe patted my back, making me frown at her. "You wouldn't know, you barely got punishments." Harlow rolled her eyes. "It's not my fault I'm perfect." I rolled my eyes at them. "You are the reasons I have grey hair."

"I thought mom gave you those." My eyes widened when Dante waddled back in with a small smile on his face. At the exact same time Vera walked in with her arms folded. "Oh I give you grey hairs?" Lord take me now. "No baby, I don't know where he heard that from I never said that." She rolled her eyes walking out the room. "Wow guys." I heard Dante giggling as he ran out the room. Looks like I'm sleeping on the couch.