5

I stand before a group of young alphas, my father and other current alphas stand beside us.

" Hello, young alphas to be!"

The Elder begins, most of the young alphas getting very excited.

"Today you are being sent to alpha camp, the place that will train you how to lead and be a great warrior who can and will protect their pack! Today you see the alphas that have been through this training camp, and today you will start your journey to become one of them! when you come home you will take your place as alpha! But some of you still have to wait"

He chuckles, some of the younger alpha fathers and mothers chuckling.
The very excited elder then gestures to me and continues on.

"And today you witness something that only happens every few hundred years! An alpha child taking over his father's place before he has come of age, And this young alpha has served our country well as a soldier, a protector, and today his father passes the title of being alpha to him !"

My eyes widen, I look to my father who smiles as he pulls me forward.
The elder relays the alpha code and then asks my father to agree with passing his title down to me.

He turns to me, eyes bright as he asks if I except the title.
I nod my head as he then holds my shoulders, as my father howls out one last time as alpha before I feel a surge of electricity run through me I feel my bond strengthen with my pack.

The young alphas drop down into a bow, followed by their fathers and my own.

The elder grins and gives a howl before bowing his head.

" welcome, Alpha Crown "

I bow before I take my place beside the alphas again, my father sitting beside me smiling proudly.

As the alphas-to-be party for one last time before gaining their titles, I simply walk through the woods. that Is until I'm picked up in a hug, large arms swinging me around.

" hey soldier boy, or should I call you alpha now ?"

I laugh as he sits me down, turning in his arms I look up at him to see the pride in his eyes.

"You could just call me by my name you know, I don't need a nickname "

He kisses my nose, red dusts my cheeks as he smiles.

" alright little alpha, hey I need to ask you something, it's very important"

I nod, leading him to a fallen tree to sit.
As we sit he stares down at his hands, he seems very nervous.

" would you, uh, would you allow me to mark you ?"

My cheeks warm more, I stare at him as I'm sure my flushed face making me look silly.

"We have only known each other two weeks, and we haven't even formally gone out as a couple"

I say, my chest aches as he looks away.

"If you are to mark me now, we wouldn't  be fully mated yet "

He nods, his face pink as his eyes look sad.

" I understand, then remember to call me, alright?"

I nod, and soon he leads me back to the large group. His hand tightens its grip on mine, his body tense at the sight of all the other males
The young alphas to be begin to shift, readying themselves for the run to camp.
He turns to me, eyes low as he acts very shy.

" I will be back in a month, alright?"

I nod before hugging him one last time, he turns preparing to shift but I stop him.
I grab his hand as to turn him, his shocked face making me smile.