Part 7

Kiki's POV

We arrive at headquarters, which is really just yet another hotel room, in no time. L hands me the same black mask from the first time we meet with the team, which was also the last time I saw them.

L updates me on that they believe that Kira was at the scene of one of the FBI Agent's death and informs me of the strange suicide of Ray Pember's fiance. I remember her, she was good really good and I agreed it would be odd for her to take her own life like that. Then he told me of his plans to set up cameras and wire taps in my house and in the Deputy Director's house. I stop him there.

"L I do not want cameras in my house, no way," I said, this felt extreme even for him that chances of one of us being Kira was below 10% and there for did not warrant this kind of action!

"It is important to make sure we are as thorough as possible with this case. I do not intent for any of this to last very long, probably about a week is all we need," he states, seeming to shrug off my opposition. I sigh deeply as we get out of the car.

"Fine," I cave, matching my pace to his. "I'll just stay with you for a bit then," I see him hesitate, I've caught him off guard. Interesting. He seems to be thinking it over all the way up to his hotel room. He stops right outside of HQ and looks at me.

"That seems reasonable, but what reason will you give your family for your leave of absence?" he asked, a fair point and I could only shrug. I'll think of something. He nodded and then looked at the mask in my hand. "A few of the task force members are here at the moment, I'd recommend putting that on,"

I slip the mask on, noticing that it now has the voice modifier built in, and we walk in, all eyes us as we enter, but they all quickly go back to what they we doing before. "All of the cameras and bugs have been installed in the houses now.We have both live feed and recorded tapes," Watari informs us. L sits down in a chair in the main space and I sigh, I'm no good at just sitting and watching everyone work I'm hardly content with working while sitting!

"Who's up for some tea?" I ask the group. Watari is ahead of me though, why am I surprised? He brings out a cart with tea, tea cups, cream, sugar and honey on it. "I could have gotten that Watari," I say and he smiles at me

"I know," is all he says before going back and typing more on his computer. I make myself a cup of tea and Matsuda jumps up getting myself tea as well.

"Should the cameras reveal innocence in Mr. Yagami's home I think I have a proposal," L announces, surprising all of us.

"And... what would that be?" my father asks, defensive, but not aggressive. It's interesting watching how he acts, I don't really know my father very well he is always quite busy with work, but even more so with this case.

"I think I might want to invite your son onto the case, he may prove to be very helpful. He clearly has been proven helpful in past cases for the police and is one of the best students in the country. He could be a good addition to the team," he explains. I'm almost mad at him, what? This isn't the kind of thing he would want to run past me?

I look at my father for his reaction, his face is a blend of thing, happy, worried, and proud. "If you believe that I will help us find Kira then I agree, we should bring him on." Mr. Yagami says and I have to stop myself from shaking my head. I suppose he may help and it's not like Light could be Kira. Surely I would notice if my own brother is that crazy and power hungry.

"Sounds like a plan then," I say and walk over next to L's chair. "Who is in charge of watching the camera footage?"

"Mr. Yagami and I will be watching his family's and you and I will take care of the Deputy Director's," I nod in response and sit down next to Matsuda.