and well... another. damn. rejection - b.a

you have been trying to model for as long as you can remember, you'd think it be easy since your mom did modelling too. but no. that just makes the expectations higher than what you already set for yourself which is V E R Y high.

although you weren't the tallest nor skinniest it wasn't exactly tHAT that was your problem..

you and brandon got along easy, from day one, like a dream really. and he's been with you since day one but. with that being said. your ex, joseph; keeps popping back up into the modelling industry wherever you do.

and that? well it didn't sit well with brandon.

"babe i know i'm not the mad type but there's really something off with your ex" brandon looks at him from across the waiting area
you shrug "can we please leave it? if i lose this one to him too i'm done."

"next up is; y/f/n"
brandon kisses your hand and let's go of your hand as you walk into the casting.

they look at you "why modelling?"
you sighed "i know i'm not perfect and i know i'm not like every other model but this.. this has been something i've wanted since i was 3. since i can remember. i've been to every audition, casting, calls, etc but nothing. i've gotten callbacks and that's as far as it got until every time a new runner would come in and bam. i'm out. i just want a chance... just one.."
they flick through  your files "i see where you're coming from but we already have someone. we've got joseph *last name* as our final decision. sorry lovey"

you sighed and nodded and walked out to brandon "wellll?" he looks at you with anticipation
"and well... another. damn. rejection" you sighed.
brandon hugs you "you'll get the next one babe"

as you and brandon are hugging he's looking over at joseph who seems pretty smug.

brandon let you go and kinda pushed you behind him slightly and walked over to joseph "what are you looking at!? you've robbed her from so many opportunities and now you get another one?! don't be so smug asshole!"
you grab onto brandon's arm "b..."
brandon shakes his head "if you steal the next opportunity from her, you'll best be hearing from me and the boys."
joseph nods and brandon backs away

you lead brandon out of the room "i love you but what was that?!"
brandon sighed "baby. he took that off you. you deserve that. not him."
you sighed "i'm over it okay. just another thing i lose to joseph."

you get home and things were pretty quiet between you & b.

brandon looks at you "i'm sorry okay. i'm just. there's nothing more i want than for you to succeed and knowing that he's taken that from you many many many times makes me so mad."
you nod "it makes me mad too. but i'll never live up to him"
brandon takes your hands "to me? you're the winner. you're the model. you're the success. not him... isn't that what matters?"

you nod as brandon kisses your head. after a stressful day you were glad just to be home and to be having a seat. it made you feel like a weight was lifted even after you had just be rejected. without brandon there, you would of lost it. he's really like your rock & glue. more than he'll ever know.