F R I E N D S

#8🌔
•friends - ed sheeran•

"Friends don't treat me like you do
I know that there's a limit to everything
but my friends don't love me like you"

shawn
I woke up this morning feeling a weight on my chest. I looked down to see Maya still asleep, her head resting on me while her right arm was draped over my torso diagonally. Her hand was resting on my hip and every time she breathes some of her hair will brush up against my nose. I could stay here like this with her forever. I decided on getting up and making myself something to eat. I slowly moved from underneath Maya's grip and tucked the covers back over her. She was so beautiful when she slept, who am I kidding she looked beautiful all the time. Everything she does. And she doesn't even know it. She has no idea just how incredible she is. I pressed a kiss on her forehead and walked out of my room down to the kitchen. I sighed and grabbed bread to put in the toaster.

"You two sleep well?" I heard my dad ask as he walked down the steps into the kitchen. I didn't even have to turn around to know what face he was making behind my back.

"Just fine."

"All your friends stay the night with you?"

"Some yes. Look a friend is all she is. Don't make this into something it isn't."

"Alright alright." he said putting his hands up in defense. "That's good because you don't need a girl coming into your life ruining your plan."

"Your plan dad. And she won't." I buttered my toast and gave him a look before making my way back up to my room. When I opened the door I saw Maya changed back into her clothes from last night and fixing her hair. I smiled and went up behind her wrapping my arms around her waist. "Good morning."

"Hey, um my dad called he needs me home." she said shaking out of my grasp.

"Oh okay I'll drive you."

"It's nice outside I'm gonna walk." she still hasn't made eye contact with me the whole time.

"Hey are you alright?" I asked making her look at me.

"Yah," she smiled and nodded, "I just don't want to keep my dad waiting. I'll see you." she grabbed her phone off of my night stand and started to make her way towards the door.

"Wait Maya," I grabbed her arm and went to kiss her. She turned her face a little only allowing my lips to touch her cheek.

"Bye Shawn." she turned and left my room quickly. That was weird.

maya
My eyes opened to be greeted with sunlight. I rubbed my eyes and looked over expecting Shawn to be next to me but he wasn't. I stood up and opened his door starting to walk down the steps.

"You two sleep well?" I heard Shawn's dad's voice causing me to stop half way down the stairs.

"Just fine." I could hear the anger in Shawn's voice as he spoke.

"All your friends stay the night with you?" I bit my lip fearing what Shawn would say next.

"Some yes. Look a friend is all she is. Don't make this into something it isn't." Those words were like someone punching me in the stomach. I knew it. All I was all this time was a game to him. This was all some sick joke. He seemed so honest and caring how could he say these things now?

"Alright alright." I quickly made my way back to Shawn's room to get changed back into my clothes. I just need to get out of here. I then heard his door open and didn't turn around, I just fixed my hair. I didn't pay attention much to what he was saying until I felt his arms wrap around my waist. I told him something about how my dad wanted me home and I was just gonna walk.