Chapter 4.

Giovanna's POV.

I would be lying if I said that the jet-lag wasn't effecting me. It was. I woke up at what my body thought was 9 in the morning when it was really 12 in the afternoon. Luckily, I didn't have anything business related to do today.

The warm sun peaked through the heavy blinds, eliciting my room. I didn't wanna get out of bed. It was too comfortable, I felt bad leaving it. I managed to pull my tired body out of the soft bed and get into the shower. I fumbled with the controls until I managed to get them to work. I rinse my body and use the soaps and body washes that I found on the bathroom sink.

I slip on a pair of tight jeans and a lace crop top before accessorising myself. I do my makeup in the bathroom once the fog disappears. I was meeting with one of my friends Dan for lunch who lives in New York. I hadn't seen him in ages and we had months of talking to catch up on.

After I finish styling my hair, I grab a purse out of my suitcase and throw a few bits and pieces into it that I'll need for today. I get a text from Dan saying he's down in the lobby and I quickly spray myself with some perfume before heading down the elevator. 

Once I enter the lobby, I hold myself back from sprinting over to my friend. We greet each other in the biggest hug before pampering each other in 'How are you's and 'I missed you's. Dan and I head out to the busy streets of New York, blabbing on about how we haven't seen each other in ages. His black hair was neatly styled as was his clothes. He wore jeans, a tee and a denim jacket but he somehow always made the most casual of clothes look the most expensive. 

"Did you win the jackpot or something?" Dan asks as we walk into a fancy restaurant, being seated almost immediately. 

"I wish. Why?" I answer as we sit down at a table.

"Gia you're staying at White Vertex! It costs over 25k for one night." Dan looks at me as if I was supposed to know that.

My eyes almost bulge out of my head in shock. 25,000 for one night? And I was there for a week? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Who was willing to spend that much on a model?

"What? I had no idea! My agent said the guy that we're doing the campaign for paid for it so I didn't think anything of it." I say quickly grabbing my phone and looking the prices up online. And sure enough he was right. 

"Who are you modelling for?" He asks picking up a menu as do I.

"Moda Magazine." I respond and Dan's jaw almost falls off his face.

"What?! No way!!" He exclaims excitedly. "How did you even land that job?" 

"My agent said that they were in a rush to find a model for the front page." I say and Dan almost spurts out the water he was drinking.

"Gia! Front page of Moda? You must be doing something right." He says and I nod. I have no idea how I landed front page of a fashion magazine.

We order our food, I get some kind of fancy Tapas, not wanting to eat too much for my shoot tomorrow. The nerves circled around in my stomach at the thought of the photo shoot. I didn't want to stuff up at all. I mean I was front cover and all, how could I not be nervous?

"Oh my God. Don't look now but Harry fucking Styles just walked in!" Dan whisper yells interrupting my chain of anxious thoughts, his eyes almost falling out of his head. He taps his hands excitedly on the wood table before fixing himself up in the reflection of the window next to us.

"Who?" I ask.

"Are you dumb or something? Harry. Styles. Does that not ring a bell?" Dan stares at me, looking almost flustered at the man.

Was he talking about Mr Styles? I turn my head slightly to see that he in fact was talking about the attractive man I was doing the campaign for. He looked drop dead gorgeous today. He wore a suit that was tailored to perfection on his body. The white button down on him was sheer and sheen, showing the outlines of a few black tattoos on his torso.

"He owns the magazine you're shooting for and he also owns Europa fashion line!" Dan exclaims, talking much too quickly. Now it was my turn for my eyes to fall out of my head. Europa fashion line was so expensive and extremely luxurious. I never really paid attention to who owned the Europa line but I guess now I knew.

"How did you not know?" He says, constantly looking back at Mr Styles.

"I didn't really ask." I say shrugging my shoulders. It was true, I kind of just went in blind. I make eye contact with Mr Styles accidentally. I give a small smile and he returns it before taking long strides towards Dan and I.

"He's walking over here." I quickly whisper and Dan almost chokes on his water.

"Giovanna." Mr Styles says as he stops his walk right next to our table.

"Mr Styles." I say back.

"I'm looking forward to seeing you at the shoot tomorrow." He says and I politely nod my head.

"I'm looking forward to being there, sir." I say earning a smile from him. Our eyes don't break our small gaze until Dan sticks his hand out to Mr Styles.

"Hi I'm Dan." Dan introduces himself. Mr Styles facial expression drops to a blank state and I quickly start to get second hand embarrassment.

"And?" He asks in a not-so-nice way, looking down at Dan's hand, not shaking it. Oh God.

"I'm Gia's friend." Dan announces proudly, his hand still awkwardly sticking out. I shoot Dan a glare. He knows that my nickname was for close friends and family only. Not even my followers called me by it. Business was no exception.

"Ahh.. Gia." Mr Styles says smiling at me. I give a fake smile back, now a little annoyed that he's calling me by my nickname. Mr Styles was not my friend.

Dan shoots me a look of 'sorry' as he quickly shuffles his hand away from being held out in mid air. 

"I'll see you tomorrow. You can contact me if you need details." He says, looking into my eyes and gently brushing my arm. I can barely pull my eyes off him. Before I can respond, he walks back the way he came leaving Dan and I shocked. However Dan looked more starstruck whereas I felt more flustered.

"Oh my God." Dan gushes. "I just met Harry Styles. I can die happy now."

"You are so dramatic." I laugh, shaking my head.