~ F o u r t e e n ~

Two months pass in a blur.

I stop the alarm and quietly tiptoe into the kitchen so as to not wake up the sleeping guests.

After refilling the water bottle, I head back to my room, feeling a little too nervous and clumsy when it hits me that it's my wedding day today.

A while later, I offer tahajjud prayer and pour my heart out to the Almighty.

O Allah! I stand in front of You with my hands raised and head bowed. I'm nothing but a weak slave of Yours while You are the King of all Kings O Allah. I'm in need of Your mercy. I'm in need of Your help in every step of my life.

O Almighty, please ease my tasks. Give me strength and patience. Make my heart firm on Your religion. Make me a good life partner. Put love in my heart for my to-be husband. Bless our marriage O Allah. Make us the light of each other's eyes. And make us from amongst those You love.

I am afraid of my future O Allah, I am so afraid. At the same time, I'm somewhat content because I know You are always there. Watching me, guiding me and protecting me. It is You and only You who knows what is best for me and what is not.

I trust you, my Lord and in Your hands, I lay all my affairs.

I fold the prayer rug and embrace my future with a smile.

With Allah by my side, nothing can ever go wrong.

***

Double update because you guys rock! <3