15

20 Years later

I straighted my dress and started down the familar brick road through the graveyard.

I held in my hand two white roses. I walked for awhile and then found my favorite place to visit.

I let myself smile. "Long time no see fellows.", I spoke in my semi-british accent. I placed a white rose on each of there graves and fixed up the trinkets I had placed previously.

I had never really met my biological father, he died in a car crash when I was just a baby. If I think deeply I can still remember the pain in the air when it was announced to everyone Ben had died. My dad who I loved just as much, Danny, died of liver failure 5 years ago.

Danny used to tell me about Ben. I would listen with starry eyes. I wondered what he was like, everyone said I looked just like him. Even though Danny recovered from being poisoned by my biological mother he never recovered from his broken heart. I knew he missed Ben I could see it in his eyes when he talked of their love for each other. I guess he let his pain get the best of him. He drank himself to death. I knew he didn't want to die but a side of him couldn't live without Ben. He was a good dad. I had a few dads, Ben and Danny's old band mates we're practically all my dad's, plus all their wives we're as close to a mom I would get.
I had the perfect family.

I told them about my band getting signed and how I wouldn't be able to visit as often because I was going on tour. I told Ben about how I was going to spend my week off in the UK with his parents, they saw him in me and missed him so much.

I told them both bye and that I loved them. I walked back to my car and started the engine.

On my drive back into town I thought about what it would be like to have so much love for someone. I hope I find my soul mate like my father's did so long ago.

BENJAMIN PAUL BRUCE 1988-2018
DANIEL ROBERT WORSNOP 1990-2033