Dean, Jess and Tristan

After receiving a phone call from Rory informing me that she'd be passing by grandma's, I gathered things from my locker and walked out of Stars Hollow High and proceeded to walk home. 

On my way out I'm stopped by a hasty Dean. Not sure what he wanted, I could sense tension within him. 

"Woah tiger." I say.

"Charlie I need to talk to you." He says, starting to make me feel uneasy. 

"Ok..." my voice trailed off, a million thoughts racing through my mind. 

"It's about Rory."

"Yes the rumours are true she is my sister."

Charlie..."

"I know I couldn't believe it at first either and the fact that we're twins was even more mind blowing, but I've come to accept it."

"Charlie I need you to be serious."

"I'm trying. What do you want to know about Rory."

"Is she in love with this guy called Tristan."

"How am I supposed to know. Just because we're twins Dean, doesn't mean we share the same brain."

"I know but she's just seemed distant."

"Between you and me I think you need to give her space. Stop calling her and paging her every five minutes."

"I was that bad?"

"Yeah. She was getting kind of annoyed and could see that you were clingy."

"Really?"

"On the plus side, you would make a really good drinking game."

"At least there's a bright side."

"Just give her time Dean. I'm no expert but I've seen enough movies to know that relationships are weird and messy and they can get real funky real quick." 

"Ok thanks."

"Is that all?"

"I do have one more thing."

"You're killing me Dean."

"It's about Jess."

"Oh."

"I see the way you guys look at each other."

"And how's that?"

"Like you're both porter house steaks or like you're gonna give each other lap dances."

"You're crazy."

"Well if I'm so crazy how come you're smiling?"

"Because that's what you do to crazy people."

"Look all I'm saying is that he's trouble."

"Even if I was dating him, why would you care?"

"Because you're Rory's sister."

"Great observation."

"And I'm Rory's boyfriend."

"Well that would explain why you kiss Rory and are over all the time."

"Look all I'm saying is that you're like a sister to me and I don't want to see you getting hurt."

"Thanks but I'm a big girl and I think I can look after myself."

"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you."  With those final words fleeing his mouth, he began to walk off towards his afternoon job at Doose's market.

Continuing my walk home, I grab my headphones and walkman and start to listen to Bon Jovi. Not paying attention to my surroundings, I accidentally bump into Jess. 

"Oh sorry I wasn't looking where I was going." I say looking up to a smug Jess. 

"No harm no foul," He says with a smirk. "If I was listening to Bon Jovi I would be to caught in the music as well."

"You could hear the music?"

"I'm pretty sure people in New York heard the music."

"Do you think Taylor could hear the music?"

"If he could and it wasn't an approved Barber Shop Quartet then he would run you out of town."

"Let's hope he didn't hear."

"Yeah let's hope." He says with a genuine smile.

"I've got to get home." I say disappointed. 

"Ok." He says, sharing the disappointing feeling with me. 

Walking out into the brisk autumn air, all I felt was a sense of loss walking back towards the place I call home. Looking over my shoulder I see Jess grabbing a book from his back pocket before looking up and staring straight at me. Sighing I gave a small wave and he gives me a small wave back.