Breakfast

"So where is this new place we're gonna to breakfast?" I ask Rory as we walk through Stars Hollow with mum. 

"Well all I know is that it's a surprise?" She responds.

"Huh, but I thought the thing with Luke was a thinglet."

"Apparently not."

"You can say that again."

"You both realise I can both hear you." Mum says, turning around to face the two of us.

"Well are we going to the place Michael goes?" I ask. 

"Yeah, that place had terrible coffee." Rory agrees.

"And Michael goes there, which I mean I never would've expected since everyone working there is so annoyingly cheerful." I grimace.

"Relax, we're not going to Michael's hang out joint." Mum smirks. 

"Good, because I think living in this town is enough joy for one person." I smirk.

"Wow, you're crabby in the morning." Mum and Rory say in unison. 

"Well lack of food does that." I sigh, walking ahead quickly. 

"Has she talked to you since he left." Mum whispers to Rory in the distance. 

"Not really, like we've talked obviously just not about that." Rory whispers back.

"I hate that she's hurting, and I hate that he isn't here so I can hurt him for hurting her."

"Hold on let me check the Guinness World Record Book, yes that's the most times hurt has been used in a single sentence."

"Did I really use it that much?"

"Well not that I'm keeping count, but over two times might seem a bit extravagant."

"We should probably try and catch up to the speed machine."

"Yeah, how is she that fast?"

"Well one she's not in heels, and secondly she plays sport for some reason."

"The strange child, are you sure she's your daughter."

"Please, with my blue eyes, coffee addiction and 26 hours of labour I'm certain she's mine."

"Ok you didn't need to make things gross."

"Hey it's the circle of life, you don't mess with it, Elton John even made a song about it."

"I swear if you start singing I'm going to legitimately run."

"Oh that would be a sight."

"Oh don't mock."

"I'm just saying you'll look like Jennifer Saunders in Absolutely Fabulous." 

"Because you're any better?"

"Well I'm in heels."

"How about we speed walk and forget any of this ugliness ever happened."

"Wow you're full of good ideas in the morning."

"It's amazing what a cup of coffee will do."

Rory and mum hastily made their way towards me, slightly and softly panting as they walked beside me.

"Are the two of you out of breath?" I ask in shock.

"No, no we're just having a minor heart attack." Mum pants, leaning on my shoulder.

"Oh well is it going to interfere with our surprise breakfast?" I ask, smirking.

"I hope not, after doing more than enough physical activity for a life time, I need food." Rory says dramatically.