Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Dreads

The night comes in peace but still, the risk of getting killed was lingering around. We don't know if she's really a sharpshooter but to what it cost, we need to be safe around, stay on the ground as long as Al finished his technology. I didn't bother him on the progress, dude, we still got a long month ahead of us and those coming months are the one we should prepare because these things like this are the one we didn't see coming.

"Shit!" Al hissed, he almost crashed his technology and I can see that he's already impatient of making it work. "Dylan, I don't know if I could make this work at all."

I shook my head, "whatever you're saying, I'm not hearing it and I know you can you do it."

He took a sigh, "this is all fuck up." he said, "if I didn't get to make this work, we'll do it between life or death circumstances."

I just nodded to him but something pop-up in my head, "I have an idea."

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Just let me make this thing work out," I said.

I don't think if this idea would work so easily, I really don't know what's goin' on, on every person's mind. They think that this process, you would only become in power if you come in greatness within everybody. Killing, taking so much advantage and cheating. All of that came in such reason but we cannot rule this, it's always part of the game and the only thing we can, to make things right and as to the way it is, we get to ride with them.

"Hey, Dreads!" I shouted, calling out her attention but I can't sneak out to know if I got her attention, "I know you know me, I'm Dylan! That's right, you heard it before and mocked me because I said my name—" Al hit me with his elbow and he's asking me what the hell am I doing, "I got this Al." I said to him and goes back to Dreads. "Hey, I know you're still there and wanted to shoot us so bad! But that's willfully wrong! You can't just shoot anyone because you like but hey, thank you for doing that earlier, they nearly killed us."

"Dylan!" Al said and I just shrugged because I was just telling the truth and that would make him a lot of time to do his tech. "Just point it out, don't tell anything that nothing matters!"

I nodded to him, "that's why doing, Al... but yeah, I will keep it more directly to the point."

I clear my throat and think of all the words that would make me have more power, within the words I speak.

"Hey, I know you're still there! Please, let us through and don't shoot us. We all wanted the same thing here, to survive and that's what I'm asking on you! Spare us with your anger and give us this chance to run and you won't ever see us again."

But still, silence in return.

"How did you become like this?! Would you want to be a person living in the Noble Land who killed just to survive!" yeah, I know that she already killed nine people and I'm getting through her conscience but I don't think it's getting through. "Are you still there?"

As we waited for an answer, we thought were good and I can see that Al doesn't have to worry about his tech but when we were going to stand up, a bullet has been shot. We immediately fall in the ground to get away with it and that's her answer and she's waiting for us and she never listen to my words because she still wants to kill us both.

"What should we do now?" Al asked, still pressured to finish his tech and I understand what's keeping him from getting it to work because he has no sufficient parts and tools to make it work. The only thing he has was his screwdriver and some signal inferring data.