o n e

*oddly familiar*

"He studied my freckles like the constellation and he's looking for signs" -Orion's Belt, Sabrina Claudio

***

"Oh come on." The almost eighteen year old girl said as Hunter, her beautiful thirteen year old Haflinger, ran away with her bag in his mouth. She had just been swimming in the ice cold English water in a small beach on a small island just off the mainland. The girl ran after her cheeky horse in only her bikini and shorts, as she was halfway through getting changed when Hunter ran off, racing over the sand and watching as her horse ran through the water, dropping her bag into the water and then picking it back up and continuing his journey. "Hunter!" She yelled after him, slowing down to catch her breath before continuing the chase and following him up a small path on a hill that led to where her horse had stopped. As she got closer she realised that there was a boy standing in front of her horse with the reins on Hunter in a tight grip and his other hand patting her horse. She glanced at his face quickly, determining that he was extremely attractive and mentally thanking her horse for finding him. "Uh hey, sorry about him." She said, awkwardly walking up to the boy.

He looked up, surprised to see her standing there wearing what she was, his eyes quickly scanned over her tan, muscled body, deciding that he found her stunningly gorgeous with her bright green eyes, almost black brown hair and gorgeous freckles splattered across her skin. He cleared his throat nervously, "It's quite alright, no harm done." Her awkward smile lit up her face and he felt his heart jump, electing to ignore his crazy heart he stepped forward  with one hand still gripping the reins and one outstretched to the girl in front of him. "My names Pin." He said. She grasped his hand firmly and gave it a strong shake, surprising the boy in front of her. "Ivy," she smiled.

Pin picked up her soaking bag and handed it to her, she quietly thanked him while checking to see if any of her important things were soaked through and realised that she had luckily left her technology at home and all that was wet was some clothes and her towel. As she zipped up her bag a small shiver went through her body, making her realise that she was wearing the bare minimum in the freezing cold winds of England. She glanced up to her horse to give him a glare and found Hunter meeting her gaze with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

Pin didn't miss her shiver and quickly went to take his sweater off, pulling it over his head to reveal a thin shirt as he handed it to Ivy. "Oh, um thanks." She managed to get out as she pulled the large sweater over her soaking hair. "Yeah no problem," the boy nodded, "anyways, where are you from, I can't quite pin point the accent." The girl in front of him giggled as she pat her horse, "I'm from Australia, Melbourne to be exact."

The two fell back into a comfortable silence before they started firing questions at each other, simple ones like how many siblings do you have? How many pets do you have? How old are you? And so on. They carried on for what felt like ages and when they finally decided to head their seperate ways, the sun was going down.

"I should probably get home," Ivy said, "I've got to get ready for dinner with my new neighbours." She stood up from her seated position in the grass next to Pin and brushed any dirt off herself before helping Pin up and grabbing onto Hunters reins. The girl was nervous because she didn't like meeting new people, her anxiety would flare up and she knew that it would be an awkward night.

Pin noticed and smiled softly at his new friend. "You'll be fine," he said, squeezing her shoulder, "I'm sure they'll love you."

At that they both chuckled.

"Alright well I'll see you later then Mr. Pin Hawthorne." Ivy playfully farewelled and went to shake his hand when Hunter nudged her back slightly, making her stumble forward towards the boy, which then ended up in a friendly hug. As they pulled back Pin smiled down at the girl who was almost a head shorter than him. "And you Miss Ivy Willow." They laughed again before Ivy mounted her horse and Pin handed her her wet backpack. "Thanks, bye." She waved as she took off back down the hill, Pin watching with a small smile on his face as he only just realised that she was riding bareback across the sand towards another path on the other side of the small beach.