F O U R

I didn't know when I started hanging around the new troupe but here I was, sitting against a tree and taking a plate of eggs from Carol—a woman who had lost her little girl Sofia. That's what Daryl had been out in the woods doing. He had been looking for that little girl.

I thanked her and began to eat. I noticed my mother watching from the porch swing. She drew a finger across her neck and I dropped my plate of eggs. Everyone looked to me in alarm, "Sorry, I saw a...spider."

I wasn't afraid of spiders. I used to play with them as a little girl. It was something that revolted my mother. I remember putting one on my pillow, stroking it until I crushed it. Momma screamed at me the next day. It was then that I noticed Maggie in the window, glaring. That lead me to look around and note that Glenn was pacing back and forth like a lunatic. He seemed to gain some type of understanding because he straightened and faced his group, "So uh....guys?" He said.

Everyone noticed his nervousness and became alert, "The barn is full of walkers." He said.

Shit.

Everyone processed his words for a moment before tent chairs were knocked over from the force of which they moved towards the barn. I stuttered to myself for a moment before following after them. My heartbeat was in my throat.

Everyone kept their distance, me standing behind them all. Shane walked up to the padlocked double doors and pressed against them, peering inside.

"Anything?"

Shane nodded and backed away walking back up to his group, "There's dozens of them." Shane said looking to Rick, "You cannot tell me you're okay with this!" He snapped.

"I'm not!" Rick said harshly, "But we're guests here. This isn't our land."

"But these are our lives!" Shane argued.

"Lower you damn voice!" I snapped. Then, the attention was on me, "Hershel thinks he can save them."

"Okay, we've gotta go in there, we've got to make things right, or we just got to go. Now we've been talkin' about Fort Benning for a long time." Shane suggested.

"We can't go!" Rick said waving his hand angrily.

"Why, Rick? Why?!" Shane snapped.

"Because my daughter is still out there!" Carol protested.

"Okay." Shane started with a dry laugh, "Okay, I think it's time we start to consider the other possibility."

"Shane, we're not leaving Sophia behind!" Rick said shocked.

"Hey! I'm close to findin' this girl! I just found her damn doll two days ago!" Daryl stepped forward, snapping when Carol's eyes watered.

"You found a doll, Daryl." Shane started, "That's what you did. You found a doll!"

Daryl raged forward, "You don't know what the hell you're talkin' about!" He shouted aiming for Shane.

"I'm just sayin' what needs to be said!" Shane snapped, "You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours. It's been longer than that!"