S E V E N

I woke up with a leather jacket wrapped around my naked body. It smelled like cigarettes, the woods, and stale cologne. I quickly pulled my clothes over me and shook Daryl awake, "C'mon, hick." I said, "Your groups gonna be worried about you."

He snorted and started laughing. I glared and started to walk up the hill.

Remember, Strikers don't love. You're Callie Striker.

I heard him following after me a moment later. I quickly acted as if I had to scratch my head when he reached for my hand and walked ahead of him. My boots crushed the leaves beneath them and I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

⌥⌥⌥⌥⌥

My mother fussed and bickered and bit me but I held her firm until she settled down. When she finally did, I let her go. She went off to her bedroom. I sighed and smoked a cigarette on the back porch. Hershel walked out onto the porch from comin back and my skin crawled, "Your Mommas gettin' Worse." He noted. I didn't answer him, "She slap ya again?" He asked me.

"No, not this time. Is there a reason you ask other than idly trying to act as if your trying?" I stood up, put my cigarette out and flicked it away, fully prepared to leave.

"I am tryin', Callie but it's hard." He told me.

I gave a bitter laugh, "No, you're not. The only damn thing you've done remotely close is give me a half hearted good job. That was two damn years ago. I'm a bastard. I get it. You don't have to leave me to myself for me to see that much." I walked away, content with my statement.

"Who the hell is that?" T-dog asked as Glenn walked up from Rick's car.

"That's Randall." Glenn stated. The boy was unconscious and blindfolded. I snorted.

"He's a liability." Shane said crossing his arms, "Why is he here."

"He would've bled out if we left him behind." Rick stated. I felt Daryl's eyes on me. Refused to look back.

"It's gotten bad in town." Glenn said keeping his distance from Maggie.

"Do what do we do with him?"

Rick opened his mouth to speak but Hershel came outside, wiping his hands. His eyes flickered to mine. I looked away, "I repaired his calf muscle as best I can but he'll probably have nerve damage." He said, "He won't be on his feet for at least a week."

"When He is, we give him a canteen, take him to the main rode and send him on his way." Rick said.

"Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?" Andrea asked concerned for the boy.

"You're just going to let him go? He knows where we are!" Shane said.

"He was blindfolded the whole way here. He's not a threat." Rick told us.

"Not a threat?" Shane asked rhetorically, "How many of them were there. You killed three of their men, took one of em hostage and they're not gonna come lookin'?"

"They left him for dead." I spoke up, taking quick assessment of the situation, "No ones comin' for im'." I turned away from the group, already annoyed with my mother's behavior.

Daryl trailed me but even his presence was annoying. I hopped the horse fence and ran my hands through Nellie's main. She nickered and fussed until I pet her hide, "Got somethin' to say, hick?" I asked.

"Yer' hot an then ye' cold. T's goin' on?" He asked.

I was silent and continued to pet Nellie. He hopped down from the fence and wrapped his strong arms around my waist. That warm feeling I'd been trying to avoid swept over my body. I panicked, "No." I pushed myself from him and towards the fence.

No, no, no. My body screamed. My scars screamed.

"Why the hell not?!" He snapped, "Ya just want sex from me? Is that it? Huh?! I touch you and you go crazy but I have my fuckin' dick in ya and you love it! Why? Why!!" He shouted.

I was so close to tellin' him. So close but the truth made things harder most times and so I lied, "I don't need a man. I just want to have fun. I've been stuck on this damn farm for so fuckin' long. Then you came along. A man who wants the same as me. Guess I was wrong." I snapped.

He looked shocked, hurt even. As if I'd slapped him.. which I pretty much had..

"You know what? Yer' a damn bitch! Ya use people! Stay the fuck away from me from now on, you goddamn whore!" He spat in my face and stormed off.

The moment I leaned against the fence post and sobbed that day was the first time in a while.

It was just like me to ruin me..