T E N

I heard voices downstairs. My eyes flitted open. I was dressed in starch white shorts that had been cut off close to my bottom and a loose fitting tank top that said Chill. My feet had white converse on them. My hair had been swept into a ponytail.

Momma.

She washed me, head to toe and between the legs and she had dressed me. It was dark outside now. It was cold. I blinked a couple of times, clearing my vision.

My legs had been shaved and my whole body had been rubbed with lotion. My scars were showing and Momma knew it. I went for my dresser but my clothes had been taken.

She did this on purpose. She wanted them to see. The voices were frantic and afraid. My body was limp and shaking. My vision blurred and I felt nauseas. I stumbled out of my door, my body scolding hot. Sweat formed on my brow, dripping down my neck. It was supposed to be cold.

My breathing heaved and I panicked and tried to call out. I stumbled down the rest of the stairs and into the living room where my mother sat stationed, upright in her chair—a cat caught the canary smile on her face as she stared at me.

"Callie?" All eyes turned to me. Daryl's head snapped in my direction.

"You..." I looked at her.

"It should've been you, Callie." She said cheerfully. Now it will. I then noticed that she was sweating and wheezing too. What had she done to us? , "We'll see her again, Callie. Together we'll go."

My head pounded.

"Somethings wrong. Dad!" Maggie shouted. She examined my eyes. My mother held her hand out and opened her palm. Two little pink pills rested inside of her hand. My head spun.

"She drugged me.." I whispered.

Hershel turned to examine my mother and the pills within her hand.

"Horse tranquilizers! You poisoned my daughter?! Your daughter?!" Hershel yelled.

"Dad!!!!" Maggie said.

Blood seeped from my mouth. My ears and eyes.

"Walkers!" Andrea shouted, "Walkers!!"

Daryl looked at me in full blown panic. His hand started to tremor. He shook his head in fear, "Help er'! Help er'!" He kept shouting, over and over as if he didn't know what to say.

"Focus!" Lori snapped and her head shot up, "Carl!" She ran up the stairs. I was let go. I watched my mother sink to the ground. I knew she had taken more than me.

"My pretty baby." She smiled and the light died from her eyes.

I crawled towards her. My hands shook as they reached for hers.

"Callie, look at me." Daryl.

I reached up to grasp his hand, "This world is too..." I started, "Good for me."

"Hey.." his voice broke and shook, "Callie.." he whispered. Things happened. People screamed. Walkers invaded the farm. He promised to come back. Told me to stay inside. I wanted to run. I wanted to fly away. I stumbled onto the porch after kissing my mother's cold, dead cheek. I stroked her hair before standing.

"Bye, Momma. Say hi to Elain for me." I stumbled down the porch steps and past the walkers. I avoided the group trying to get everyone out. Someone shouted my name.

"Callie!" Daryl shouted, "Callie!!" I turned to him with tears in my eyes. Run away, Callie. Do what you should've done years ago.

"Callie?" Daryl said a little more softly. A tear falls and I wave. Another tears and I'm blowing a kiss. One more and I'm turning. No more and I'm running—into the woods.

"CALLIE!! CALLIE!!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, "PLEASE!!" A lost man

My lungs were stinging but no one followed me. I continued to run. My hair whipped behind me. The wind slapping against my body. I ran and ran and ran. My legs gave out then. I fell to my knees before rolling down a hill. The barbed wire broken down fence barley missed taking out my left eye but a deep cut ran down the skin, over the lid..

I relished in the stinging sensation and allowed my whole body to collapse. My body became entangled within the sharp barbs of the fencing. It coiled around me like a snake. I moved and they got tighter. They dug into my skin to the point that the flesh wounds bled—until they became deep, deadly cuts. I was sure that I was dying in a pool of my own blood.

First Elain, then Momma, then me.

Elain taken by sickness, Momma taken by pills, and me...bleeding out..alone. I smiled, allowing drops of rain to fall into my face.

Come to me, Callie.

Come to us..

"I'm Commin', Momma." I whispered, "I'm commin', Elain. I'm coming home."

I closed my eyes..

A word warming on my body—

Gone..