CHAPTER 03~ Strangle Knot

THIRD PERSON's POV:

BOOM!

A loud noise sounded from downstairs. It sounded like it came from the kitchen.

"Where am I," Zay asked himself the moment he opened his eyes. Dim light penetrated through the milky colored curtains, suggesting that it's already morning.

He reached for his phone which was on the side table and checked the time. 6:35 AM

"I am so dead! So freaking dead!"

He jumped out of the bed and quickly did ablution, took prayer mat and started to offer Fajr prayer.

After offering the salah, He grabbed his phone and punched the digits and waited for him to answer. After four bells, he picked up and spoke in his sleepy voice.

"Yes, AK speaking, how can I help you," AK stated like a robot and he chuckled.

"Assalam o Alaikum AK, sorry for disturbing your beauty sleep but its kind of urgent," He said with as much politeness as he could manage.

"Walaikum Assalam Sir, What happened? Is everything ok? Should I come over there? AK started blabbering without listening to him.

" AK relax, Everything's good, no need to panic" He stopped for a moment. "And how many times do I have to tell you that there's no need to call me sir. I am not your boss AK. Call me Zay or Zayaan and that's an order for you." He told him in a scolding manner.

"Right away sir, I-I mean Zay.

"Ok listen to me, I am leaving for an airport in two hours or so, I have a flight for Houston today and If Zarry asked about me, told him that I am out of town for some business meeting," He said in a hurry.

"Ok but Zay you know Sir will not allow you to leave for Houston and that too alone," AK stated the matter of fact.

"Zaraan will kill me if he got to know that his dear brother is going Houston and that too without bodyguards. Kabhi na kabhi toh humein sab face karna parega na toh aj kiun nahi? I won't let my past ruined my future. That's it." Zay thought.

"I know, tabhi toh tumhein call kiya, AK bas teen din k lia Zarry ko sambhal le. Mai koshish karonga k meetings jaldi khatam hojaen." He virtually begged AK.

"Ok, I'll manage but try to come soon. Allah Hafiz." He heard AK say before he disconnected the call.

Zay settled himself on the bed and his hands was gripping the phone. He sighed, thinking about the dream, he watched a few moments ago. He rubbed his eyes to clear his vision. He took a deep breath before getting up from the bed and walked towards the window.

Opening the curtains one by one to get the better view of Allah's creation.

"Subhan'Allah." That's the first word, left his mouth after seeing the mesmerizing view. A cool breeze touched his cheeks and neck, relaxing his mind and tensed muscles.

A breeze swept over the top of the trees to make them sway according to the calming rhythm to make the view more endurable.

Zay looked at the clock, it was 7:15 in the morning, he still has two hours left before the flight. He shifted his attention back to the view again.

The Texas sun was gentle, a soft breeze carried a faint familiar scent, but It was gone before he could identify it.

He closed his eyes and started to pour his heart out through her favorite song.

🎶 I close my eyes and I can see 🎶
🎶 The world that's waiting up for me 🎶

He can feel her, she's with him, she's near him, she's in his heart and will always be.