Chapter Two

I woke up to the large  face of a homeless man staring me in the face. I was laying on a pile of flattened card board boxes, with only a slight pain throughout my body.

"Ah, you're up!" He said in his Jamaican accent. I would've been surprised that I survived the fall, but I wasn't. And it was because of the bum I front of me, who wasn't really a bum at all. I stood up, and stood in a slightly respectful stance. "Hello Wizard, I said."

"Follow me Billy Batson," he said, no longer using the voice that suited his form, but using his normal old man voice. I fell in step behind him, wondering why he needed me. I hadn't seen him since, well, when I first met him a year and half ago when he gave me my powers. In front of me, the wizard's appearance changed, and he became a large white wolf. I was slightly surprised when we walked out onto the street and down into the subway and nobody noticed the giant wolf. If someone were to look at us, all they would see is a young dirty looking boy.

We climbed onto a subway train car that was completely empty, as and soon as the doors closed, the outside sound cut off as well, making it eerily quiet.

The ride was silent, and when the doors opened again some time later, they did not open up to a platform, but into a cave like area. I followed him into the area, past rock statues of strange faces and distorted body shapes. The wolf transformed again into the old wizard that I knew.

The Wizard walked up some steps and sat down in a large stone chair that was his throne if sorts, and looked at me.

"I made a mistake," he said.

My heart stopped, "what?!"

He continued, "Not a major one, don't get your panties in a twist. I kind of messed up while I was giving you your powers, so much so that you would look like a 30 year old man when you transformed. Haha! Could you imagine that? Luckily I caught you only a few minutes after I gave it to you."

I thought about correcting his time, but I knew the crazy wizard didn't hold any importance to time.

"Anyway, I thought that I'd fix that little mix up for you, so have fuuunn!!!"

He waved goodbye, as I processed what he said. Wait? Did that mean I wouldn't look like a grown up when I transformed?!? But the Justice league didn't except kids?!?

"Wait sir I don't want tha-" there was a noise like a 'shzoop' and I found myself standing alone back in the alley.

"Crap."

••••••••••••

The light was going out and I needed to get back to my foster home before dark or I'd be in even bigger trouble. I thought about seeing if my powers had changed right then and there but I didn't want to witness my own disappointment just yet.

I climbed to the second floor to where my bed was, and inched open the window. I slid in silently into the dark room, when the lights flashed on practically blinding me.

"What the hell have you been doing?!" My foster 'mother' yelled at me. She crossed the distance in under a second, which was amazing for a woman her size, and grabbed me by my ear, pulling me down from the window.

"Ow ow ow!" I cried!

"Quit you're whining!" She yelled. I had only been here a week and I hated it already. I didn't ever stay too long in one place. The longest had been 4 months, and that was 2 months longer than any other place I had been. At least since I got older, I couldn't remember when I was a baby obviously.

Despite my hope that she hadn't noticed about the whole police thing earlier, she clearly did when she started yelling about it. "You stupid little brat. What the fuck were you doing with that cow?! Oh, no, don't answer me, I don't really care! But do you think I want to be called from the police about a little snot nosed brat like you?!"

She sounded pretty angry as she continued to drag me down the stairs. She rounded the stairs and stopped in front of the little closet underneath them.

"Ah the old Harry Potter punishment this time is it Janice?"

It really was like Harry Potter though, locked underneath the stairs with the spiders for company and no food for a while. It really wasn't fun. My comment just seemed to make her more angry, and she shoved me in without any remorse, closed and locked the door and left to stomp away without another word.

Honestly this was my favourite punishment of hers; I had a nice room to myself with no kids to bug me, and the no food thing for a while didn't phase me as I had been in places where they didn't feed us much anyway.

I lay down inside and stared at the crack of light made by the door at the bottom. The place really got a person thinking, and I was thinking that I needed to figure a few things out. First one being how my powers had been modified, or if they even had been. Depending on what happens after that, I may need to contact the league.

But first things first, I needed to get out of here, which wasn't that difficult. I waited an hour until I was sure that everyone including Janice (the foster monster) were asleep, the grabbed the screwdriver that all the kids kept hidden in here just in case. I shoved it into a slot in the wall and jiggled it around until I heard a click. Bless the bastard of a genius who had first found/made this, it had helped a lot of kids including me.

I snuck down the hallway as quiet as possible and headed for the back door. The back door was probably the most loudest one to exit through, but it gave me direct access to a dark alley and was hidden from the view of anybody who might be looking. I opened the door slowly and in the best way possible so that it didn't make noise. It made some, but not enough to wake people. Finally I was free and into the open air again!!!

I began sprinting and didn't stop until I reached a small park with a playground the children often would hang out on. I caught my breath and prepared my self mentally.

"Ok ok, whatever happens, don't panic!" I told myself. If Shazam from Justice League was gone, then I would return to being a nobody. I really didn't want that to happen.

"SHAZAM!!!" I yelled and the Lightning boomed down like usual. I opened my eyes slowly.....and lo and behold, the same body of my 13 year old self was still there. "Shit," I muttered. Now what?

But I could feel all the same power in me and that lifted my spirits even if it was just a little bit. My suit didn't appear for some reason though...?

Despite my distress, I needed to think of the best plan of action, and I could only think of one person who might be able to help; I needed to talk to Batman!