Chapter Four

I stood awkwardly in the centre of the room, shuffling on my feet and looking down. The bunch of teens stared at me and were kind of intimidating to be honest. One seemed to notice my discomfort, and flew over to me-yes flew! She had orange-ish skin, pink hair and green eyes. She appeared to be the oldest one here by quite a bit. She set her feet on the ground and stuck her hand out in greeting.

"My name is Starfire, I am the leader of the Titans and although I am quite older than most of the people here, I stay to train them and look after them. Plus, this is my home away from home. I am originally from the planet called Tamaran." I stared at her with my eyes wide-an alien?! But I guess I shouldn't really be shocked. I did know Martian Man-Hunter after all and he was an alien as well. Plus, Superman himself was from another planet too.

She pointed to a boy sleeping on the couch, he looked to be my age, but he had green skin, "that's Garfield there, but he is also called the Beastboy." As if on que, Garfield jumped up from his sleep, his head shipping around like crazy, "wha-what's happening?!" He yelled. "Don't stand on the couch!" Yelled another voice, belonging to a boy that look a few years older than me.

"We have a new member on the team, the Batman dropped him off a few minutes ago, come to greet him!" Starfire said happily. The two boys came over, and the one named Garfield re-introduced himself, "hi I'm Garfield but my code/superhero name is Beastboy!"

"Does that have anything to do with you powers," I asked him only because he looked like he really wanted me to.

"Yes!" He exclaimed, "I can transform into any animal in the entire animal kingdom!" He said proudly. I whistled, that was pretty damn cool. The other older boy then introduced himself, "my name is Jaime, I'm the Blue Beetle, you've probably heard of him?" I nodded, I had heard of him before, didn't know it was just a kid like me though!

"My name is Billy," I said to the three of them. They all smiled in greeting, these ones seemed friendly enough I guess.

"Is this the entire team?" I asked. It would be kind of pathetic if it was honestly, but I didn't add that part.

"No, there's still Raven and Robin," said Garfield. I snorted at that by accident, earning a confused look from all of them, "birds," I said as if it explained everything. They just shrugged. "I think they are in the training area, we can go down to meet them if you want to?" Asked Jaime.

"I might as well meet the entire team right now I guess," I said in agreement. I want to know who is all on the team and who is all in this building, and putting it off until later seemed wrong, just in case.

~~~~~~~

We entered to doors to the training room, and it was an interesting sight to see indeed; a boy about my age but probably shorter, wearing a red and green costume, was running around and open room waving around a sword in technical movements. It looked kind of awkward since he appeared to be waving around at nothing. We were in another room however, that was separated by a wall of glass. A panel of buttons sat off to the right side of the room. Starfire walked over to them, and pressed some buttons, revealing the real training room. Evil looking robots came into sight, and I could see now what the boy was slashing at. And from what I could see, he was terrifyingly good with a sword.

Starfire pressed a few more buttons, and the hologrammed training robots disappeared. The boy turned towards us, a frown of displeasure on his face, mouthing 'what are you doing?'

Starfire said into a speaker phone on the button panel, "Robin please come and meet our newest member!" The boy, Robin sighed and sheathed his swords. He continued to stomp over to the door leading to where we were. We watched as he walked through and approached us, "well what about it?" He said. It was an angry boy. "I'm Billy and I'm joining your team," I decided to say. It wasn't much of an introduction but honestly I didn't care. "I'm Damian," he said. "Ok...." I trailed out awkwardly. He narrowed his eyes at me as we stood face to face, and suddenly he whipped out a dagger and held it close to my neck.

"Hey, woah man!" Yelled Jaime, as the three of them bounced back from the dagger in surprise. "Back off from the new guy," said Garfield. Damian ignored them all, and continued to hold the dagger. I flinched away and tried not to breathe. He leaned in and whispered, "you don't look like you have what it takes to be part of this team, prove it!"

This boy agitated me, and I narrowed my eyes in a glare trying to look tougher, when something dawned on me, I had never changed out of my Shazam powered self from when I showed Batman!! The costume hadn't appeared and I looked the exact same, and I had totally forgotten as I was so used to being in Shazam form!!

I smirked at Damian and he looked confused. Using my increased speed I reach up and grabbed the wrist that held the dagger and pulled it downwards while simultaneously grabbing the clothing around his neck and pulling him into mid air above me using my strength. There was a moment of silence as I held him in the air, shock on everyone's faces. But I wasn't done yet, lightning began to fizzle around me, getting larger with each moment I got more angry; I felt like letting out all my anger then and there, my anger at this boy, my anger at the world, my anger at everything. But I didn't harm him, and I didn't release my anger or my full powers. I let my lightning settle down and set down Robin gently.

"Sorry," I said. He let out a "hmph," and said, "I guess you are qualified for this team, welcome," he clapped me on the shoulder. I smiled awkwardly, somehow proud that I had proven myself to Damian. "Damn," I heard a voice behind me. I spun around, forgetting that there were other people in the room, and saw the shocked faces of Garfield and Jaime. Starfire just smiled, which seemed kind of weird but I wasn't judgmental.

"Isn't there still another team member I haven't met yet?" I questioned, breaking the dumbfounded silence.

"I've been here the entire time," said a grave voice next to me. I yelped and jumped away, "Jesus Christ!" I yelled. The voice belonged to a girl, maybe a year or two older than me. She was dressed in dark clothes and wore a large black cloak. From what I could tell her skin appeared to be almost a purple or a blue colour. "Oh, hello Raven!!" Said Starfire cheerfully. Everyone but Starfire and Robin seemed surprised at the news that Raven was there.

Raven was hovering crossed legged above the ground, and seemed that she had been meditating or something, she seemed very dark and sullen. She stood up properly and introduced herself, "I am Raven."

"Billy," I said, and shook her hand.

"Welcome to the team," she said.