Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“Aaron!” I yelled, slapping his arm to get him away from me.

He was laughing at my complaints, and trying to get me to agree with him.

“Say that you’ll go and I’ll put you down,” he said.

He was swinging me over a pool, threatening to drop me in the water. Earlier in the day, we’d come to take a walk around his apartment complex. They had two community pools in the middle of the apartments.

We hadn’t planned to take a dip in the water.

Now, he wanted me to agree to go with him to on a small road trip with two of his friends. They were leaving this Friday to a gamer convention- whatever that meant.

One of his friends had been going to another university before transferring here. Every year, they set up game systems to play and also did a show for upcoming video games and game systems. The university funded the entire thing and according to Aaron- loads of people went.

I had said ‘no’, and now he was threatening to drop me in the pool if I didn’t agree to go.

“You’re not being fair!” I yelled, as I continued slapping his back.

Aaron wasn’t even in pain. If anything, he was having more fun with me fighting him back.

“Life isn’t fair,” he said, as he patted my butt.

My face grew crimson, as he did it one more time.

“Hey!” I complained, trying to wriggle out of his arms.

I wasn’t sure how I did it, but all my moving around had accomplished something. Both Aaron and I ended up splashing into the pool.

Aaron kept his word, because all the way to the water, he didn’t let go of me.

We both sunk under water.

Aaron was the first to surface, and he brought me up with him.

“You okay?” He asked, as he moved away the hair that was sticking to my face.

“Jerk,” I said, slapping his chest.

He chuckled at me, and it was impossible not to laugh along with him.

“I see you’re perfectly fine,” he said.

“You owe me a phone,” I told him, remembering that I had been carrying it in my front pocket.

“It was worth it. You finally agreed to come with me,” Aaron said, while shrugging his shoulders.

“I didn’t agree to anything. Dropping me into the water did not help your case.”

“Why? Didn’t you say you wanted to shower before going to the diner?” He asked, teasingly.

I stuck my tongue out at him, as I began swimming back to the edge.

It was already Thursday, and all week Aaron had been trying to convince me to go. There wasn’t any pressure on him before, but now, I had to make up my mind.

I was torn between going or not. I had met his friends, and they were cool with me. I just didn’t know if it was right for me to go with him.

“I won’t try anything, if that’s what you’re worried about,” Aaron said, as we walked back to his apartment.