Chapter 7 - Really?

Natasha eased out of the bed so as not to wake her sleeping husband, grinning as she threw on the hotel-provided plush robe. "Ahh! Now this is luxurious." She called down to room service and ordered breakfast, thankful that a really nice hotel had been just across the street from the midnight chapel. "Wow! We actually did this." Shock was one way to put how she felt; elation was another. Dialing a friend's number, she thought more about their little ceremony while she waited for them to answer.

"Y-hullo?" A very sleepy Terry stammered into the other end of the line.

"Oh, Terry, hon, I'm so sorry I woke you."

"Tash, is sumbody dead? 'Cause ya might be if ya woke me up for sumthin' less important." Natasha's laughter on the other end made Terry smile sleepily. "Whut's gotcha so giggly this mornin'!"

"Not a dead body. How do I tell you this? Um, Lee and I got married last night."

"YOU WHAT?" The exclamation startled Matt, who up until that second had been snoring quietly next to his wife.

"Terry, what's wrong, honey?" He touched her arm to calm her down a little, she was breathing so hard.

"Nothing's really wrong. Lee and Tash got married, that's all. I was just a bit shocked." She guffawed as the same emotion registering on his face.

"So,what made you decide to just up and do this without talking to everybody first?"

"Honestly, we just decided to not wait a second longer. And hormones. HAHAHA! But seriously, we have been talking about marriage for almost a year now. We called Max and Mandy before we went through with it." Her words were swallowed up by the hysterical laughter coming from her sister-from-another-mother. They'd been close for so many years, she really didn't remember much about her life before the Team. They weren't just "like" family. They were family.

"Really" Terry tried to wrangle her mirth, "I'm, we're both happy for you. Natasha Connelly. Sounds good." Natasha blushed and grinned ear to ear when Terry said her new name.

"Thanks! I have more calls to make, Terry. I'm sure we'll see you tomorrow. There are people to protect, but for today, I'm gonna just enjoy my new status." They said their goodbyes.

Before she could dial, or even look up, Renee's number, a pair of very strong, yet comfy, arms wrapped around her midsection. A set of very capable, soft lips pressed to her neck. "HMM! Isn't this what got us here?"

"Complaining, love?" His masculine voice, not yet fully awake, sent shivers down her spine and caused the proverbial goose bumps to rise all over her skin. She didn't have a chance to respond before his hands turned her around and untied the overly relaxing robe, and began wandering all over her body.

"Not in a million years, dear. Not in a million years!" She reached her arms around his neck as he picked her up bridal style and carried her back to the bed.

***************************************

Jeremy was beside himself with worry. How was he to find a drug supply without a job? Working with this gang was becoming too difficult, not to mention dangerous. He'd singed himself pretty badly with the chemical he used to make the bomb for Tony's car. Chemical burns were certainly harder to explain compared to a traditional burn, which could be blamed on cooking or working on an engine that was too hot.

 He'd not heard about the accident the nosy detective and her new spouse should've had by now. Maybe they stayed in that fancy hotel near the chapel. He was certain that was the case. For being a nosy plan spoiler, she was a beauty. An unexpected smile sprang up on his face at the thought of why they hadn't left yet. Can't blame a guy for that.