"Safe"

Katie's POV
I woke up around 6 am and walked down the stairs and saw another girls clothes scattered on the floor, I saw them both on the pull out mattresses. I grabbed my phone my shoes and keys and ran out the door and forgetting to close it. As I sped off I saw Joey in my rearview mirror. I went to the only place I felt whole. I was crying the whole way. I was confused cause I couldn't believe he could do this. When I arrived at Colby's house I banged on The front door but Sam answered instead.  "Katie!... Hey ho-" he stopped and I could tell he noticed my marks but I ignored him walking passed him and running to Colby's room, Colby immediately woke up to me sitting on his bed crying. He got up and comforted me asking why I was crying. "He cheated, he cheated on me." I cried. Colby's face went blank he looked at me up and down. "Katie...your face" he paused "what did he do to you?" He grew angrier with every word "You're not going back there... I won't let you!" He said. I was about to speak when Sam came in and said "Katie! Why do you have bruises all over your body?" I started sobbing as I didn't know what to say. "I want to leave him I do... but it's hard," I said as I gasped for more air. Sam rushed over to comfort me as Colby held on tighter. We just sat there for a long time until Kat came for Sam and he rushed out because I didn't want anyone else to know I was here. I fell asleep in Colby's arms after a while.
*hours later*
—————-
Colby's POV
I couldn't let her go back there. Seeing her like that like an object that he would just abuse when he liked it hurt me. Katie was asleep on my bed, seeing her so calm like that just made me remember all our memories together she was always so happy and strong. I've only seen her cry once and it was yesterday at the movies. She looked peaceful and I couldn't even imagine what she went through I didn't want to wake her up so I went out to get food for her hoping she'd be awake when I got back. She told me not to tell anyone so I snuck out of the house real quick to get the food.
————-
Jake's POV
I heard a car pull out of the driveway from in the garage and saw Colby's car leave. I didn't think much of it since he's gone most of the time. But then about ten minutes later I heard another car pull up and a loud banging on the front door when I answered it. I was pushed aside by Katie's boyfriend Joey. He started running around the house like a maniac. " What the fuck dude, what are you doing here!?" I yelled. "Where is she!?" He had already made his way upstairs. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about. He barged into Colby's room and I started to hear yelling and screams come from the room. I ran up the stairs and saw Corey and Devyn run out of their room. Corey immediately told Devyn to get back to into the room. Corey and I both ran to Colby's room at the same time. Joey had Katie by the hair when he slapped her and called her a whore. Corey immediately tackled Joey, to the floor and I ran over to Katie to make sure she was alright. She had blood on her face. I didn't know what to do so I called Colby.
—————-
Colby's POV
I got a call from Jake on my way to get Katie's he sounded scared and he was talking really fast I told him to slow down and he said: "Joeys here and Katies hurt." I hung up and turned around. I was going over eighty I finally got back to the houses and I left my car on and my keys in the ignition and ran into the house.
———-
TO BE CONTINUED...
Authors note:
I hope you like it. Its a shorter chapter because I wanted to leave a little to be awaited. However, leave a comment and follow me on Instagram @sam_xplr_colby_ for updates. (I put a song instead of my at this time. I hope you enjoy)