Chapter 3 - Zuri Weasels Out

Mack's POV
Mack's Outfit

——- Woodchuck Cabin - Night Time ——-I was sitting on my bed reading one of Jorge's comics I had nicked yesterday, when Lou came out of the bathroom saying "lights out in 5 guys, Emma and I have gotta go cus it's Counsler's karaoke night!!" Emma sa...

I was sitting on my bed reading one of Jorge's comics I had nicked yesterday, when Lou came out of the bathroom saying "lights out in 5 guys, Emma and I have gotta go cus it's Counsler's karaoke night!!" Emma says something about Hazel's singing that I don't listen too. When Emma finishes Zuri stands up asking if she can go. I already know that Lou and Emma will say no so I just keep reading. I roll my eyes when zuri starts complaining, "but I'm a teenager now! How can you treat me the same as a baby who plays with a colouring book and one who reads comic books!!" Zuri whines I stand up along with Tiff very offended. "Zuri, Zuri, Zuri, I'm not a baby and by the way it's a graphic novel so," I say exhausted and honestly fed up with Zuri's whining about not being a CIT I've delt with it since the summer began. Tiff then says something nerdy trying to help her case but it really didn't work.

——- The Next Day - Barn ——-
After breakfast this morning I met up with Griff and Jorge who were on their way to the camp barn. Jorge was coming to find me so he could show Griff and I his new 'best friend' Wildfire. A horse!!! Both Griff and I thought he meant real fire. "Oh when you said that we were going to go play with Wildfire I was thinking of something a lot more fun," Griff said and I nodded. "Wildfire is tons of fun!" Jorge replied, "in a very tiny package," I say. "Just like me!" Jorge says proudly, "ya huh..." I say awkwardly. "Okay... have fun with your big dog!" Griff says sarcastically, "he's a horse!" Jorge replies offended. "Whatever you have to tell yourself mate," I say.
As Griff tells Jorge we are going to go play football I'm already half way to the door when Ravi comes in. "Okay campers! I have so really exciting news to share!" Ravi says over excitedly. "Your going to let Wildfire move into our bunk! Sweet! He's going to need to sleep near the window though he gets a little gassy..." Jorge responds. Griff and I have looks of disgust on our faces as Ravi starts talking again. "Anyway... I'm talking about the camp art auction! The whole town is coming and Gladys put me in charge! Obvi as all my friends know I'm an art aficionado..." Ravi says with a cocky smirk on his face none o the rest of us looked any kind of impressed. "Really? 'Cause I've never heard you mention art before..." Griff says, "...or friends," I say. "I will have you know back in New York I ran with a pretty cool crowd of museum dosans!" Ravi says trying to defend himself. "Oh well our bad..." I say walking further towards the door. "I need you each to do a painting for the auction, Gladys needs money to buy a 'rump plumper' which apparently 'plumps you rump'," Ravi says, all of us shudder at the thought. "Anywho, if we have any money left over, Gladys said we could use it to buy a telescope for the camp!" He finishes. "Or we could use a micro-drone to hover over the girls!" Griff says with a grin on his face. I quickly slap his arm for the thought as the two boys give him a confused look. "I mean a telescope yay..." Griff says trying to save himself. "So I'm going to go play football..." I say "this seems to be a grizzly problem," I finish running off before Ravi could tell me not too.

——- Great Lawn ——-
I was running around the lawn playing football with the other guys at camp. After a awesome score I run up to the picnic tables where Jroge was showing his painting to Ravi. "Whats up you three! Nice painting there Jorge!" I say. Ravi starts lecture Jorge on how bad his painting was as Griff and I start making faces at each other and cracking up laughing. "Griff please tell me you have something better!" Ravi says exasperated. "I do I call it 'Sad Boy an Exploration in Crayon'" Griff say dramaticly I start clapping. "I call it 'terrible'" Ravi says mimicking Griff's tone. I was drawing on the spare canvas as Ravi told the two boys about an elephant or something. "Hey Ravi, what do you think?" I ask showing him my piece," (picture in media). "Well its ok... better than these two, do you think you could come up with anymore?" Ravi asks. "Nope sorry, Mackenzie is offline," I retort before giving him the picture and picking up the football and running off.

——-Barn - Painting——-
I walked into the barn to see Griff and Jorge painting. "Whacha doin'?" I ask. "Ahhh!" The two of them squeal. "Jee didn't think I was that scary..." I say. "Sorry Mack we thought you were Ravi," Jorge says, "so whats with the paintings?" I ask. "Well we kinda told Ravi Wildfire could paint..." Griff says. "Dude... why would you do that?" I ask just as Ravi comes in. "Guys great news! The whole town is coming to my auction! And now the local TV station is covering it! We are going to be on 'I Witness Moose Rump'!" Ravi says super excited. "Wait thats the name of this town?" Griff says, "what names do they not go with!" He says confused. "Everyone wants to come to the art auction to see Wildfire paint live!" Ravi says explaining. "They do!" Griff says gobsmacked, "thanks to Wildfire's talents I will have enough money to buy Gladys's 'Rump Plumper' and the camp telescope. She will get her bubble and I will get my hubble!" Ravi says. As he turned around to leave he stepped in some kind of animal poop and I half laughed and so did the boys.

——-Barn - Next Day——-
I walk in to see Griff and Jorge trying to get Wildfire to paint. I burst out laughing as Grif attempted to show Wildfire how to do it. It was quite funny watching Griff with a paintbrush in his mouth trying to get a horse to paint. "Dude, you shouldn't have lied to Ravi and you wouldn't be stuck here trying to teach a horse to paint!" I say, "OMG how did those words just come out of my mouth!" "Apparently you can lead a horse to watercolours but you can't teach it how to paint."

——-Art Auction——-
I stood to the side of the auction right near the podium watching Ravi embarrass himself when Griff and Jorge come up and create an intervention. I groan as my entertainment in gone and walk over to where they were having their conversation. "Nothing can mess up my auction! We have a horse who can paint!" Ravi says when I come over. "Oh how wrong you are," I say under my breath, "Ravi you're wearing chaps nothing can be worse," I say to the boys. Ravi gives me a dirty look and walks over to the podium starting the auction. Just as Ravi finished his introduction speech Jorge and Griff pull him over to tell him about Wildfire and I could already tell how panicked Ravi was by the news as he was shaking. "Because you hated our paintings, you mentioned an elephant, Griff wanted to play football and the rest is all a blur!" I hear from where the boys are standing and I chuckle a little. When Ravi comes back Wildfire begins painting as Ravi begins his apology speech as Jorge stops him halfway through to point out Wildfire. The two boys go over to talk to Wildfire when the horse tips a bucket of paint on them, Ravi turns around and says, "now whose the laughing stock?" "Still the guys in chaps!" I say in response.

Hey lovelies
This is the chapter between the start and end of the competition. Submissions will be open till 8:30pm Australian time on the 10 of August. Please vote, comment and share with your friends.
Xoxo Madi