Surprise Party

"Okay team, so Gina says that it's Rosa's birthday today, so who's up for giving her a surprise party tonight?" Terry asked everyone. He had gathered Amy, Jake, Charles, Gina, Hitchcock and Scully before Rosa came back from the bathroom.

"Are you sure she'd like a party? She doesn't seem like the sort of person to enjoy that." Amy suggested.

"Yeah, I knew her in the academy and she definitely does not like surprises. However, I am up for drinking at any time, so I'm in." Jake replied.

"She's scary though! What if she hates us from then on?"

Terry ignored Amy. "So, let's meet at the bar at 8:00?"

Charles put up his hand, "I can make sure we get her there, if you want."

"That's great. Now, come on, get back to work before she comes back." Terry ushered everyone back to their desks.

{Later that day..}

"Hey Rosa, do you want to get a drink later?" Charles rolled up to her desk.

"Why?" She asked.

"For, umm... well. Uh, yesterday I was there and I saw a pigeon that the bartender had as a pet and it only had one wing. I wanted you to look so I know if I'm going crazy or not."

"What the hell, Boyle? Are you trying to get me to go to a surprise party?"

"Umm, no, my lady." He said in a strange voice.

"Fine, let's get this over and done with."

*****

"SURPRISE!" The squad yelled as Rosa and Charles walked through the door.

"Wow. I am just so surprised."

"Happy birthday, girl!" Gina placed her hand on Rosa's shoulder.

"I hate surprises."

"Knew it!!" Amy yelled. Rosa glared at her before sitting down at the bar, back turned from the partygoers.

"Come on, Rosa. Have some fun, chill out!" Jake tried pulling her off the chair, and Rosa replied by pulling her police baton out of her pocket.

"Wow. Fine. We were just trying to do something nice for you. Don't be such a jerk." Jake walked off with Amy, Terry and Charles, leaving Gina with Rosa. Gina sat down by Rosa and ordered a drink. A few minutes passed with silence, before Gina spoke up.

"So, you usually drink in silence?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry. I thought you'd like this party."

"Well, I don't."

Gina turned to face Rosa and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"We can still have fun though, if you want. Do you wanna get takeout and eat elsewhere?"

"Fine, Gina." And then, "Thank you."