Immortal

Author's p.o.v
Hundreds of years ago, there lived a 7 year old girl. She was your average run of the mill girl. Lived in a tiny village with the rest of her family. The girl, who's name is Y/n, was often bullied. Even though she was still quite young. Although through the bullying, Y/n gained a sense of determination.

Determination to prove the bullies wrong.

One day at the makeshift school, Y/n's class was told a fairy tale. The fountain of youth to be exact. Y/n got engrossed into the story and decided this was how she was going to prove her worth.

When Y/n told her parents, they thought their little girl has gone insane. They told Y/n that it was just a myth and that the fountain of youth didn't really exist. Little Y/n thought differently and ran away as fast as her tiny little legs could take her.

When Y/n finally stopped running, she was lost in a forest. Trees spread hundreds of acres in every direction. The young girl was scared.

Suddenly a strange sound was heard. Frightened, Y/n started running once again. She suddenly reached a clearing. Right in the middle of the vast greenery. And in the middle of the clearing, was an old fountain.

No longer scared, Y/n ran up to the the fountain. To call the fountain beautiful was an understatement. The fountain was so beautiful that words can't describe it. It was ethereal.

The fountain, although old, still worked. It was made from marble as white as fresh fallen snow. It was decorated with flowers and painted swirls and lines that accented the fountain well. At the the top was a bird, spitting out the water that fell to the bottom part of the fountain.

Y/n was stunned by how the fountain looked. So much that she didn't realize how far she was walking. The little girl hit her foot on the wall of the fountain. She fell into the water.

The poor girl soon felt pain. Her vision turned dark. Y/n thrashed around in the water. She screams but sadly,

No one could hear her.

Y/n was nowhere to be seen after that.

C/n's p.o.v
"Nice story. Too bad it ain't real!" C/b/f/n shouted out. Everyone bursted out laughing except our teacher and myself. I was too deep into thought to laugh.

What if Y/n is still roaming around the Earth? The fountain of youth is supposed to give a person immortality anyways, right?

"Alright, settle down class. Now as I see you don't like listening to stories, how about you write own yourself? Here's the prompt." The entire class groaned. I could hear my teacher laughing to themselves.

"You can thank Mr. C/b/f/n for this."

"Way to go C/b/f/n!" C/b/f/n just shrugged at handed a note to me. I opened it making sure the teacher wasn't looking.

'You don't think that this myth is real? I mean like, it could be. Y/n could even be in this class!'

I mouthed a 'no' to him and started writing. Before I knew it, school was out. It was a shame I didn't notice the girl at the back of the class shifting nervously.

The next day, I woke up late. I hurriedly took a shower, changed, and I ran out the door toast in my mouth as I put my backpack on. I, stupidly, ran into a girl. She dropped her stuff because of the impact.

"Oh! I'm so sorry." I helped the girl pick up here stuff when I recognized her as one of the students from my class. I looked up into her eyes and I swear my heart could jump out of my chest.

As soon as the girl had everything she ran away. I thought that was weird and stood at that spot for a few more seconds. I was thinking about my heart reacted that way. It was like she was my so called 'soulmate'. I shook the thought of. Then it hit me. I was going to be late if I don't go right now.

When I got to class, I already saw the girl I bumped into. I remember her saying her name was something like Amarta. (So the reader's trying to hide her true self basically. And as for the name, idk. I heard somewhere that it meant immortality. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Amarta was simply writing in what looks like a diary. Curious and wanting to know more about the girl, I walked to her desk. Amarta didn't see me and I had I perfect view to see what she was writing.

True I shouldn't read it but, Amarta rarely spoke in class. She always seemed she wanted to go unnoticed. Then I started reading.

'I ran into my crush C/n.' HOLD UP. WHAT?!!

'I'm glad that he knows I exist but it would be better if he didn't. Yesterday my myth was told. I might have to transfer once again if I get found out. Awe I was really liking this school, but I would have to transfer at the end of the year anyways.' Her myth? Transfer? I'm so confused.

'Although it's been years, the same thought still bothers me. Why did the fountain of youth speed the process of me growing until I was a teenager? And why did my age stop at this age? I still hope no one finds out about me being Y/n. Amarta's just a cover up.' What?! Y/n?!

The entire class turned to look at me. The girl who was previously known to be Amarta but is now Y/n almost screamed. Guess I said that out loud.

Y/n gathered her stuff and as about to rush out the class. I stopped that though. I saw the look in Y/n's eyes. It held terror.

Class just started so Y/n couldn't go anywhere. And as soon as class ended I got to her. At that moment I knew my feelings but I still needed answers. I brought Y/n to a park that was nearby.

"Y/n? Fountain of youth? Stuck as a teenager? Transfer? What's going on? Is Amarta really your cover up?"

"Sadly all of those are true. I am that girl from the myth yesterday. I wanted to stay away from you because once you get attached, you'll grow old and I'll just stay the same as I am now." I saw tears fill up her beautiful eyes.

"I don't care. I love you Y/n."

"I love you too C/n."

Then, what was impossible to Y/n came a reality. She was free from the curse of having to live forever. In her words, she would no longer have to see her friends die and herself still living. No more repeating the same grade and transferring. No more living than what's natural. Love can do some magical things.

Although, Y/n once dreamt that someone else got into the fountain of youth.

Alrighty then. I have no idea what this chapter is. I don't really know why I keep writing one shots that have school in them even though it's summer. Well that's all I had to say, bye~.

Also! It's has been mentioned why C/n should've just gone to the fountain of youth so he can live happily ever after with Y/n. There's a reason I didn't use this as the ending although it wasn't clear. The reason is,

Y/n didn't want C/n to go through the pain she did. The pain of losing here friends, families, and having to live with that burden. The whole point of our death is so we can enjoy our life here on Earth. So yeah :P.