Ghostly

The tenth generation was the last generation for the mafia family known as Vongola. They met their end rather suddenly. That was several generations ago, the once beautiful manor was now ruins and grown over by the forest that surrounded it. Some who were brave enough to venture into the forest and to the ruins claimed to hear and see the last inhabitants of the manor still wondering around as if they never died. Yet when the trespasser looked again the ghostly figure of whoever they had seen would no longer be there. Some adventures have been driven mad trying to see the family for themselves or trying to send them on to where they belong in either heaven or hell. However none to date have been successful in doing so. So the manor has been left alone since the last attempt ended with the median killing themselves because of what they had heard. The manor soon was forgotten and lost to legend, however some still venture into the woods for whatever reason.

A brunet dressed in a formal suit and tie paced the front hall of the manor, this figure had an unearthly glow about him. He seemed to be waiting for something as he paced, he pulled out a pocket watch forgetting that it was forever frozen on the exact time he had died at 01:27 pm. He grumbled angrily and stuffed the watch into his pocket. Others watched the brunet from afar not knowing what he was waiting for though some had a guess as to what it was. The brunet stopped pacing and looked out towards the exposed forest beyond. A blonde girl no older than fourteen was walking towards the ruined manor, it looked as if she had been or even was crying. That made the brunet man bristle then slump knowing he could never help the girl in the way he wanted. The ones who had been watching left the main hall. When the girl came into the main hall and saw the brunet ghost standing there tears welled up in her eyes.

“Now what could be the matter my grandchild?” The man asked, silently walking up to the girl but staying well within the confines of the manor. The girl sniffed trying to stop her sobs. The man sighed and knelt down so he could peer into the young girls eyes. Her right eye had a cut over it and it was bleeding.

“Grandpa, why do people have to be so mean?” She asked once her sobs grew into the occasional sniffle. The man sighed again and gently shook his head.

“I do not know that answer. People do all kinds of things, some without a reason other with one. However there is never a good reason to be mean to others.” He replied trying to answer the best he could. The girl looked at her several greats grandfather wanting to hug him and cry all the pain and suffering she has had to endure into his shoulder, but she knew she could never do that. Just like she would never be comforted by her parents who had died tragically only a few years ago.

The girl sniffs and rubbed her eyes before saying something the man never wanted to hear.

“Christa, you don't mean that?” He said quickly.

“Sometimes I do,” Christa nods. “Sometimes I wish I could just go where mom and dad went, or be with you out here where no one comes.”

“That will do nothing Christa. That will only bring more pain to the ones who do care about you. Besides you have a life full of possibilities ahead of you. You have more possibilities than I ever did.”

“I-I do? Why do you say that? Didn't you live in this manor? Back then manors were only for really rich people right?”

“Yes I did live in this manor when it was one of the great marvels of Sicily, and yes I, my family and friends were rich but that was never my choice. My dear child, I grew up in a small town in Japan raised by my mother since my father was never around. I wanted nothing to do with my father's line of work, but seeing as I was the last person with blood passed down from my great great great grandfather I was the only one who was able to take the throne of Vongola I was forced to take it I had no choice. Like you I was bullied and always finding myself getting beat up until someone i'm proud to call a father figure came into my life and made me who I am now and while I was alive. I guess what i'm trying to get at here is even though life may be kicking your butt now it will get better.”