1 - The Note

"Pound it!" Paris' resident superheroes exclaim as they do their celebratory fist bump.

Ladybug's earrings let out her two minute warning as she grabs her yo-yo, preparing to leave the site that, only five minutes ago, had been completely destroyed by the unusually destructive Akuma.

"Bug out!"

Ladybug runs along the rooftops as she makes her way to Master Fu's shop where she has made the decision to ask a huge favour. That fight was too close to comfort for her, she thought that her partner, Chat Noir, had died for a moment until it was revealed that he had dodged the hit.

Reaching the alleyway next to Master Fu's shop, Ladybug checks for onlookers and drops her transformation, red sparks of magic overtaking her and revealing Marinette underneath.

Her kwami, Tikki, lands in her hand as Marinette reaches into her purse and hand Tikki a cookie before they head inside.

"Why are we here?" Tikki questions, wondering why Marinette hadn't headed back home or to school.

"It's lunch break now so I'm not missing lessons Tikki. That and the battle really rattled me, I thought that he was as good as dead." The young girl explains, knocking on the door.

"Come in!"

"Hello Master, I have an important favour to ask you." Marinette says and walks in to the room, sitting across from Master Fu.

"Of course Marinette. How can I help you?" He asks and Wayzz joins them, floating out from his hiding spot behind the phonograph.

"Well, you see, that battle scared me Master. I thought we were going to lose for a second there," She begins and then takes a deep breath. "I was wondering if we could let Alya have her Miraculous?"

Master Fu pauses for a moment and hums in contemplation, calculating the risks of her idea. He turns to his kwami Wayzz who has a doubtful look on his face.

"It's too risky to put out more miraculous. I already took a great risk in giving out the Ladybug and Cat Miraculouses." He states, an apologetic look on his face.

She looks over to see that a now replenished Tikki has the same apologetic look displayed too.

Marinette's pleading smile turns into a frown and then back to a smile again as an idea hits her.

"What about if we trial her for a week? Give her the Miraculous for a week as a test and at the end judge whether she is worthy to keep it like Chat Noir and I do!" Marinette exclaims hopefully.

Another look is shared between Master Fu and Wayzz, almost as if they have some sort of secret telepathic connection between the two of them.

"That sounds reasonable enough. Wayzz and I will be the judges at the end of this 'trial'." Master Fu replies and heads over to the phonograph hiding the box filled with Miraculous.

He puts in the code and takes out the box, placing it on the ground in front of Marinette. Her and Tikki share an excited glance as Marinette thinks of the possibilities of her best friend also being a full time superhero.

"I trust that you'll make sure that it won't get into the wrong hands," He says and picks up the Miraculous, placing it inside a smaller box. "Write her a note and I will deliver the Miraculous to her room."

----------------

"I'm home!" Alya shouts as she walks through the door and into the Césaire's apartment, shutting the door once she's inside.

"Alya!" She heads the twins, Ella and Etta, shout out from the living area where they seem to be watching some sort of animal themed television show.

Alya walks into her room and places her bag down on her bed as she takes some homework out of it.

The last thing she expected to see when she turned to face her desk was a box with a letter lying next to it.

A very familiar box along with a letter bearing the symbol of the fox miraculous on the envelope.

Alya puts her homework down and walks over towards her desk, taking the letter and cautiously opening it with an excited smile on her face.

She opens up the envelope and takes out the folded piece of paper inside of it, her ecstatic grin growing bigger by the second.

Dear Alya,

We're trusting you to aid us in our fight against Hawkmoth and to battle any akumas with us that appear within the next week.

However, once the week ends, you must meet me at the Trocadero to return your Miraculous and ensure your safety as a civilian.

Are you up to the task?

-Ladybug🐞

Alya gasps at the newfound information and places the note down before picking up the small box.

As the box is opened, a bright magical light flashes in her face and her arm moves up to shield herself from it.

When the light had died down, Alya moves her arm away to see a small floating fox in front of her.

It was called a kwami if she had remembered correctly. Hopefully she had.

"Hello again Alya," The small creature greets. "I've already been informed about this week and I'm delighted about it. I'm so happy to see you again!"

The small creature nuzzles Alya's cheek, causing the girl to giggle at the slightly ticklish form of affection as the small creature's tail brushes her face.

"I'm happy to see you Trixx!" Alya replies and beams at the kwami.

She then sees the time on the clock behind Trixx, realising that she only has ten minutes until she needs to leave in order to be back to school on time for her afternoon classes.

She had Ms. Mendeleiev next and did not want to be late for that. She'd probably land herself in detention if she dared to show up even a minute later than the bell.

"Are you okay?" Trixx questions, waving her small paws in front of Alya's face with a worried expression on her face. "You zoned out for a moment there."

"Oh. Sorry, Trixx. I just remembered that I have to leave for school soon- school! Where are you supposed to go when I'm at school?!" Alya suddenly remembers, her eyes widening as she ponders where to keep Trixx.

"I could always just go in your hair. It's voluminous enough for me to remain hidden." Trixx jokes, a glint of mischief showing in her eyes causing Alya to giggle.

She thinks for a moment, trying to come up with a solution. She didn't want the poor kwami to have to sit in her bag all day. That and she wouldn't always have it with her throughout the day.

"You can go in my shirt pocket. It should be alright until we figure out a more permanent solution." Alya suggests and Trixx nods in confirmation, hiding in the pocket.

Alya grabs her bag and starts to head of the apartment, grabbing a quick snack in replacement of lunch along the way.

The grin that came upon her face from discovering the miraculous and the legged still hadn't fallen from her face. She doubted it would go away all day.

----------------

Thanks for reading and I hope you like chapter 1. The next chapter should be out in a few days.

Word Count: 1209 words