3 - DreamCatcher

It had been a few days since Alya had received the fox miraculous and the note that came along with it. So far, she hadn't had the need to transform into Rena Rouge and had managed to hide the necklace and Trixx from everyone around her.

She'd also discovered that Trixx, true to his likeliness of a fox, liked to eat fruits and berries which wasn't too hard for Alya to find. When you've got five of you living in the house, things tend to come in excess supply.

Alya has to admit that it's fun to have Trixx around. It means that she has someone to talk to every time Marinette decides to go AWOL and Nino doesn't seem to be available. Although, when an akuma attack finally takes place, she will be the one going AWOL.

She had shown Trixx her class photos from the small photo shoot they had had in the park and explained who everyone was and what they were like. The fox kwami had agreed that Chloé really needed an attitude change after hearing Alya's description of the girl.

Trixx had also teased her about Nino multiple times throughout the past four days of getting to know her, foxes are mischievous creatures after all and it seems that the fox kwami is no different.

Alya was on day five of her trial now, a Friday, and no akumas had popped up yet which was reasonably worrying. Maybe the people of Paris were getting a better hold of their emotions nowadays? Although with Chloé around, no one could ever really predict what may happen.

Leaving school for lunch that day, Alya heard a scream come from a few streets away.

'Spoke too soon, I guess there is an akuma out there today.' She thinks as she hears yet another scream, although it sounds as if it's closer this time.

Running towards the danger, Alya pulls her phone out and starts recording for the Ladyblog, not noticing the nudges Trixx keeps giving her from her pocket. There were too many people around for Trixx to go out of his hiding place in Alya's pocket and shout at her to get going.

It's only when she sees Ladybug swinging towards the danger, Chat Noir not too far behind, that she realises that she's supposed to be there fighting alongside them and not recording for her blog.

She quickly puts her phone away and runs to the nearest alleyway to transform and lets Trixx out of her pocket.

"Sorry Trixx, I guess it's just a habit of mine at this point." She apologises, rubbing the back of her neck as she looks around to make sure that nobody can see them.

"It's okay, but now you need to transform, remember the phrase?" He asks and Alya nods in response as a grin makes its way to her face.

"Trixx! Let's pounce!"

A wave of magic overtakes her and leaves Rena Rouge standing in Alya's place.

She jumps up to the rooftops and heads in the direction of a distant scream. When she gets there she sees Ladybug and Chat Noir trying to talk the villain out of attacking another victim. The villain doesn't seem to listen though as he swoops down to grab another civilian.

Without thinking, Rena Rouge dives in and grabs the innocent civilian from the akuma's hold before an attack can commence and carries them to the safety of a nearby street that's out of harm's way.

When she looks to check if the civilian is okay, she notices that she just saved none other than Nino Lahiffe, her boyfriend.

'Don't tell him who you are. Don't tell him who you are. Don't tell him who you are.'

"Are you okay?" She blurts out in a panic to not mess up as she places him on the ground and he nods, the shock of being in danger must still be there. "Be more careful next time." She reminds him and winks before running back towards the action.