4 - Patrol

"There, that should do it! How does it look Trixx?" Alya asks as she finishes writing a blog post about the akuma attack from earlier on in the day. She still felt on top of the world for getting so much praise from Ladybug and Chat Noir for her help.

The ten minute long gushing from Nino was nice to hear too and an added bonus. He'd declared that he would buy merchandise of her and even went as far as to commission Marinette to make him a jacket. It was adorable to see and hear.

He then profusely apologised to Alya for 'betraying' her and dramatically declared his love for her again. The whole thing just had Alya, Adrien and Marinette in a fit of laughter. Little did Nino know that the superhero he was gushing about was actually his girlfriend so he needn't worry about 'betraying' her.

The memory of that occasion brought a warm smile to her face as she wondered how many other residents of Paris would become amazed by her in the same way that she was amazed by Ladybug and Chat Noir.

She hoped that she'd become just as much of an inspiration to the people of Paris as they had become to her.

"It looks great to me. Just remember not to add too much detail so that people won't become suspicious." Trixx reminded from his perch upon her shoulder, eating a berry.

A few minutes later, the blog post was checked over and edited one last time before being uploaded for followers and viewers of the blog to see.

A few moments later, a knock sounded at the window and Alya looked over to see Ladybug on her balcony waving to her from the other side of the glass. She quickly rushed over there and opened it to let the superheroine inside.

"Ladybug, what are you doing here?" Alya asked as the spotted heroine made her way inside Alya's room, glancing over at Alya's laptop which was still open on the recently published article from the akuma attack that had happened earlier on in the day. She had made sure to check that she hadn't included any details that she wasn't supposed to know so that her identity wouldn't be discovered or under suspicion from observant blog followers.

"Well, you see, Chat Noir and I go on patrols every other night to check for late night akumas and to make sure that all of the people of Paris are out of harm's way. We would like to invite you to join us for the first time tonight." Ladybug explains and Alya's face lights up in excitement.

She had heard reports of the superhero duo running around Paris late at night but she never knew why until now. Now that thought about it, the fact that they were just patrolling the city was pretty obvious.

"I would love to join the two of you tonight," She responds and looks over to her kwami. "Trixx, let's pounce!" Alya calls out and a magical orange light washes over her as Trixx is sucked into her miraculous and she transforms into her fox themed super-heroine persona, Rena Rouge.

"Follow me." Ladybug says as they jump out of Alya's bedroom window, and onto the surrounding rooftops, so that they are able to head to their destination where they will be meeting Chat Noir.

"Where are we going Ladybug?" Rena Rouge asks as they jump across a gap where one building ends and another begins.

"You'll see." Is all the information she gives as she continues to swing along on her yo-yo.

As Rena Rouge runs along the rooftops she can feel the evening breeze flow past her and she smiles at the feeling of total freedom as she jumps through the air. The super jumping power that the miraculous granted was a truly impossible feat to perform for anyone else but the suit had its perks and this was one of them.

Looking ahead, she can see that they seem to be heading towards the Eiffel Tower to start their patrol. Ladybug stops for a moment to wrap her arm around Rena's waist as she swings them both to the Eiffel Tower from the nearby rooftop they had previously landed on. Not even a super jump can make it that distance after all.