Chapter Three

They held everyone there to get the details when the different agencies all came running in. Everyone stayed and talked all of them seemed to understand what had happened to a point. Surprisingly everyone in the two departments, hers and Sasuke's, rallied around her. The building had to be checked for structural damage before people were let back in, the "bomb" that was placed in a burn barrel in the back of the building on the outside really hadn't been big enough to do any damage, but it was big enough to draw the attention of every person here. It was quickly determined that it was homemade and the person who did this had no real training in bomb building. A simple search on the internet would give the directions on how to make it. She hated the internet, now for even more reasons.

After her interview, they had their prime suspect. She had warned them that he would have never done the search in a way he could be found. He was that good, and she knew that much about him and his skills. Catching him wouldn't be easy, but she hoped this would be the nail in his coffin.

"I suggest that you stay with friends or somewhere else.", one of the investigators suggested.

"I already am.", she replied.

"And we can reach you, how?", He asked. She took out a business card and handed it to him.

"Here.", she said. "Even to people like you, I wouldn't give my personal number too. Sorry."

"How long has this been going on?", he asked.

"Three years, two months, five days.", she replied.

"Holy crap.", he said as he just shook his head. "Take this." He handed her a card, and she looked down at it. "If he tries anything again, Call me."

"Thank you.", she said for the first time someone really seemed to care enough to want to do something.

When the building was cleared, and people could go inside, she was somewhat shocked when her boss stopped her, "Kid, we are calling a meeting of everyone in fifteen minutes."

"Why?", she asked as her heart was sinking.

"We need to get ahead of this creep. He isn't just going after you at the moment but us all.", her boss said.

"Alright.", she replied.

Everything that happened in the next hour happened so fast it took her breath away. She was shocked to her core, but even more so she was finally able to hold her head up and really see the people around her. It all started with the meeting held in the large conference hall that contained all the people that worked on her floor.

"Welcome everyone. We have an issue.", the commander of the building said as everyone settled into their seats. "One of our techs is and has been under attack constantly now for years. Now the person has targeted us and our building probably in an effort to scare her away and have her completely unprotected. Here at least she has all of us to help shield her from the reality that she may become a statistic. I will not let that happen nor do I believe anyone else that works here for me, or on this base will."

She had her head down as she slumped in her chair trying to be unseen and completely hidden from prying eyes. She didn't want this, and it was bad enough when the judge made her tell him every detail of the ordeal she didn't want to have to share it again. She wanted to leave, but somehow she knew she couldn't.

" One of us is threatened we are all threatened. We need to remove her from the equation and help her move on from this. She has been terrorized beyond what a normal person can comprehend. So how can we do this?", the commander went on to say and then ask.

"We move her.", one of the soldiers replied.

"Correct. She is currently staying with one of us as a guest; however, this leaves her apartment vulnerable and open to another attack. I suggest this weekend we can all meet at her apartment and proceed to pack and remove her belongings and place them in a secure storage facility."