Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

Harry walked into his kitchen where he saw Lauren, trying to get a bottle of beer opened with her bare hands, and Dinah standing next to her, giving her an annoyed look. He watched as Dinah tried to take the bottle to help her, but the Cuban girl snatched it away, "I can do it!" She shouted angrily, making Harry roll his eyes.

"Feisty, aren't we?" Harry laughed.

Lauren glared menacingly at the curly haired boy and went back to her bottle.

"She's a little drunk and a little pissed so don't mind her," Dinah told Harry.

"I know, I heard," Harry sighed and walked over to Lauren. He tried to take the beer, but Lauren whined.

"No, I'm not drunk enough," she said with a slight slur to her words.

"Okay I-" Harry began.

"He broke up with me," Lauren forced the top off with a opener and took a big swig, "I hurt him. I'm such a bitch.

Both were silent and let Lauren vent, although Dinah had been listening to her blubber for the past hour.

"People won't stop fucking staring at me and talking shit. Darren's such a jackass. I'm a jackass. I should just not be with anyone. I don't deserve Luis or Camila."

"Aw don't say that, Laur," Dinah assured.

"Speaking of Camila Cabello, how is she doing with all this," Harry thought out loud.

Pause. Lauren's eyes slowly widened.

"Shit," Lauren hissed/slurred. Panic starting to rise within her at the thought of Camila going through what she had gone through earlier. Why hadn't she thought of that? Just another reason why she was an idiot.

Lauren staggered forward and snatched her keys off of the counter. She had to get to Camila, now.

"I don't think you should be driving in this state," Harry called with worry. "Lauren you aren't thinking straight!"

"I'll say," Dinah scoffed.

She ignored them and hastily ran out of Harry's house and into her car. Everything was mildly spinning. Only after she was in the car was when she realized she had no clue where Camila lived.

"Shit, Camila," Lauren said and banged her head against the wheel in frustration. There had to be something that could help her. Lauren tried to remember anything that could tell her where Camila's house was in her intoxicated state.

"Yes," she breathed as she dug through her backpack. Pulling out a vanilla folder, she skimmed through all of the worksheets they had for Mrs. Lovato's class. A yellow sheet had all of Camila's information on it. Phone number, address, health information. Lauren wasn't supposed to look at it, but all she needed was the address. Lauren recognized the street and memorized the address. Mumbling the four numbers, she sped off, the alcohol making her panicky.

She didn't remember the ride there, all she remembered was being in front of an average looking house and jogging to the front door. The good news was that she could feel herself sobering up by now.

Lifting her hand, Lauren banged three frantic knocks. She counted the seconds.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7-

An average height women opened the door. She had sandy hair and hard eyes behind reading glasses with a poised exterior. Lauren figured it was Camila's mother.

Her old eyes looked the young girl with notable eyes and pretty features up and down.

"Yes?" the women looked slightly confused.