Chapter Eighteen

Chapter 18

Lauren's POV

An insistent beeping obnoxiously pierced through my peaceful slumber. There was a weight on half of my body and soft covers wrapped around me. I opened my eyes, which wasn't so bad due to the morning daylight that didn't burn my eyeballs. Camila was practically lying on top of me with her arms wrapped around my waist, mine resting on her back. Our bare legs were tangled comfortable under the warmth. I wanted to shut my eyes and enjoy all of the sensations, but Camila's prodding alarm clock was having none of it.

beep beep beep

Camila's head rose from my chest and her hand slipped from my back to my stomach. "Lauren?"

"Camila?" I asked innocently.

"Oh, hey," a sleepy smile spread across her features.

"Hi," I beamed because she looked like the cutest thing.

The beeping thankfully stopped as Camila tiredly smacked the cause.

"You fell asleep on me last night," she smirks, her voice raspy from lack of use. Lauren kinks an eyebrow. There’s something really attractive about her sleepy voice.

"Did I? I guess I was really tired." I shut my eyes when I felt her intense gaze.

"It's fine. We weren't talking about anything important and I like to watch you sleep."

I smirked towards her and she smacked my arm lightly, "Not creepily, jeez." We both laughed.

After a comfortable hiatus, her soft morning voice filled my ears again. "You're so beautiful."

My eyes flutter open and I try to suppress the warmth from spreading all over my body, including my cheeks. I bite my lip and look to the left in objection.

"Stop being so modest. It's true. I could look at you for hours if not stopped." Her gaze was so strong and her voice was so silky. I felt as if I had dreamt this girl up.

"You watch too many romcoms," I deflected her compliment skillfully.

I finally met her gaze and felt myself crumble to her feet. Her doe-eyes emitted awe and affection as they roamed my face. No one had ever looked at me like that, and I certainly never imagined anyone would.

"Maybe."

"You're way too smooth for someone who doesn't socialize."

"Trust me. I am not this smooth most of the time," Camila laughed.

I was blissful until the situation finally dawned on me.

"Shit! What time is it?" I moved to sit up, making Camila sit in my lap.

Her eyebrows slope in confusion, "6:30?"

I reluctantly slid out of Camila's bed, "I should go back."

"Okay..." Camila's tone sounded as if she didn't agree with my suggestion.

"I snuck out. My mom will freak," I added, but didn't want to leave myself. Camila's sleepy eyes and cute bead head was just begging for me to spend the rest of the morning with her.

"Call her," Camila yanked me back on top of her. I raised my eyebrows at her behavior.

"Mmm," I hummed and pecked her cheek, "maybe I will."

"Maybe you definitely will. I'll take you to school."

I pulled away.

"Wait, you have a car?"