Chapter One

Eshe Lesedi Nelson 
Sat on her window sill, wearing nothing but a plaid shirt that hung low at her shoulders exposing her rich creamy skin. With a thousand thoughts running through her mind, she took a deep breath and faced the sunset. Probably the most picturesque view her eyes have ever had the  privilege of capturing; or at least that's what she tells herself every evening, as she looks beyond her sea view home in a little village on the east coast of Guyana. She observed as the red and yellow hues danced in the clear blue waters;  it reminded her of rubies and diamonds.....fire and ice: is there anything more beautiful? More serene? She thought as one of her favorite west African proverbs came to mind 'the sun never repents of the good he does, nor does he ever demand a recompense'. Sighing once again at the ancestral insight, she jumped off of the window sill and headed to the door that has been ringing non stop for the past 2 minutes, yes she heard it and she knew exactly who was visiting at this hour.... she was the one that invited him over after all. Grinning from ear to ear at the thought of just how much fun she was about to have; the 25 year old Real estate agent, lightly trod down the long hall way, upon reaching the steel door she paused for a moment, a childish gleam spread across the profile of her face, she turned 3 different locks  and grasping a heavy bolt at the bottom of the door, she let the door swing open on its hinges. Before her stood Jase, a whopping 6ft tall brown skinned man, with low cut hair and deep waves he was as handsome as they came; he was lean built with a chiselled face and full lips. The man could give Trey Songz...the original panty dropper a run for his money. At 28 years old Jase was already a successful business owner owning one of two of the country's largest telephone companies. They had met at a charity gala last November, sweeping her off her feet with his boyish charm and ideas of romanticism....and what girl doesn't need a little romance in her life right? They hit it off and ever since he's been 'Mr. Wednesday'. Eshe was not the relationship type of girl she just couldn't find all that she wanted from a partner in just one man so she took an alternative; no dating just sex sort of like a friends with benefits situation. There was a different man for every other day of the week. And right now Mr. Wednesday was looking good enough to eat in his business suit and white roses in his hand. "I don't recall leavin any plaid shirts here Ms. Nelson " he said surveying me with an arched brow and a hint of jealousy in his beautiful brown eyes.  "That's because you didn't, Mr. Benjamin" I said with the most professional tone I could muster.

A/N: hey ya'll hope you like it so far ☺

Here's an old African proverb.... Do not look where you fell, but rather where u out slipped.