Skype (fluff)

The satellite sound coming from your laptop is the only thing that you can hear in your apartment. The room silent, filled with your anticipation as you watch the screen with the word "connecting" on it.

The sight of his blurry and skipping face warms your heart as you see your boyfriend's dazzling smile through the pixelation.

"Hey Y/N! I miss you so much baby." He says, tears brimming in your eyes at the sound of his voice.

"Hi baby, I miss you too." You admit, biting down on your lip slightly, holding in your tears. Tom's eyes watching your every facial movement on his screen, studying the way it looked with the pixels as if he were to be tested on it later.

"Filming's been crazy, I'm sorry I haven't been available much, darling." Tom apologizes and you shake your head with a giggle.

"Tom, don't apologize, I'm just glad we can talk now." You say with a smile, wishing that there wasn't miles of space between the two of you. You say you missed Tom was an understatement, you craved him. Not in a lascivious way, however, you craved his smile, and the way his laugh brought a certain brightness to the room. You craved his compassion and caringness for others, the way he wrapped his arms tightly around your waist while you made breakfast. You craved the little competitions you had, the way that no matter what he'd always "let" you win when playing basketball in the front yard. Yoh craved the way he kissed you and told you he loved you as he cupped your cheek with a smile.

"I really miss you, Y/N." He says, swallowing the lump in his throat and holding in his own tears. He also craved you, and everything about you.

"I really miss you too, Tommy." You chuckle and Tom shakes his head a bit.

"You have no idea how hard it is without you here. All I want to do is wrap my arms around you and never let go. God, I miss kissing you, I miss your cuddles while we watch reruns of Seinfeld or Friends, I miss making pancakes with you in the morning—even though I'm not much help." Tom sniffles, wiping his eye.

"Tom, babe—"

"I know it's not much longer, but god, I just want to be with you. I love you so much. i can't wait until i'm back and we can go to the park with Tessa and take her for walks, and you can read that book to me that you've been raving about. Let's not forget all the cuddles and kisses, god I miss those the most. You know the first thing I'm gonna do when I see you is kiss all over that pretty face of yours, right?"

"I kind of figured, you do it every time." You giggle as you see Tom's face tinge red, shrugging his shoulders.

"How can I help myself? You're just so beautiful." He muses, making you feel your face heat up.

Tom stays silent for a few moments, smiling at you, unable to fathom how he'd gotten so lucky. He constantly wondered why you settled for him when there were plenty of guys that could be there for you, but he didn't want to think about anyone else, because he was more than glad that you chose him.

"It's getting late, Tom, I should probably get to bed." You say, slightly somber and he nods.

"I get it, darling, I'll talk to you in the morning, yeah?" He asks and you nod back at him with a smile. "Perfect. I love you so much, Y/N, you're my angel, my world, my everything. I'll see you soon, darling." Tom smiles.

"I love you too, Tommy, I can't wait to see you. I miss you more than you'll ever know. Goodnight, baby." You say back, blowing kisses to him.

"Goodnight, darlin', sleep tight." He says as you disconnect the call, tears of joy brimming in your eyes as you thought about the two weeks until you were finally reunited.