December 26, 2014

It was 2:24 in the morning as they sat on the couch next to each other watching the Nightmare Before Christmas.

   Dan's eyes widened and his face flushed as he felt Phil's head on his shoulder.

   "Phil, what're you...?" he looked down at Phil sleeping on him. He swallowed, then couldn't help but smile.

   His heart raced as he thought about waking him up. Why should he? He decided to leave him be. Besides, it felt nice.

   Getting more comfortable, he put his arm around Phil and played with his soft hair. He wasn't even paying attention to the movie anymore as he rested his head on Phil's. He closed his eyes and inhaled.

   His hair smelled of... well, he wasn't sure, but it reminded him of a spring day. God, he felt creepy, but at the moment he didn't care. He just wanted to sit there forever...

   Phil woke up comfortably in Dan's arms. He stiffened and blushed, but didn't move. When had this happened? He looked up at Dan's peaceful face. His lips were slightly parted and his face was slack.

   Phil had a sudden overwhelming desire to brush Dan's hair behind his ear and give those full, luscious lips a lingering, passionate kiss. He swallowed. Dan would probably hate him if he did something like that. If not, then at least an awkward silent treatment was guaranteed.

   No, he didn't want to ruin this moment. He instead buried his face in the crook of Dan's neck. He felt Dan twitch.

   "Phil," he whispered. "are you awake?"

   "Yeah." They held that position for a moment longer in an awkward silence, neither of them wanting to move.

   Eventually Dan coughed slightly and gently removed his arms from Phil, leaving him feeling like a warm blanket had been take away from him on a cold's winter's day. Phil reluctantly peeled himself off Dan's chest and sighed.

   Dan cleared his throat. "Uhh, want some cereal?"