Chapter 2

A/N I edited the authors note in the last chapter, so if you read that chapter before August 6, 2018, go give that a quick read. Ok, carry on.

*Lin's POV*

"HI!!!! I'M LIN!!! I LOVE HAMILTON SO MUCH AND I CANT BELIEVE I'M FINALLY MEETING YOU!!!"

"Maybe tone it down a bit. Right now it's like your screaming your greeting. If this were a fanfic it'd be written in all caps. Also, you need to cut out the yelling about Hamilton. It's a professional setting. You aren't at the stage door and you didn't just run into him on the A train. Just greet him like you would greet me."

"Yeah, but I hug you whenever I see you. It's be a bit weird if I went up to THE Jonathan Groff and hugged him. Like, he doesn't even know who I am. I mean he did hire me to tune his piano but besides that." My cousin and one of my best friends, Vanessa, was trying to "coach" me through a greeting. I had somehow landed a job with Jonathan Groff. Sorry, THE Jonathan Groff. You know the guy who wrote an entire flipping musical about Alexander Hamilton. Yeah, that guy. Anyway, I was hired to tune the piano for their show and as you can imagine I was fangirling. Hard.
"You might not even see him, Lin. I mean he's probably got a lot of press to do. Anyways what I meant was for you to greet him like you would a normal human being. Say hi and then your name," Vanessa broke into my thoughts. We were on the sidewalk right outside of Starbucks holding our respective drinks. Vanessa had some tea thing while I naturally had black coffee. (For the purposes of this story, Lin likes coffee blacker than my soul.) I glanced at my watch. 11:58. Oh, crap. I'm supposed to be there at noon. That would make an even worse impression if I showed up late AND fangirled over him.
"Sorry, Vanessa. Imma have to run. Catch up later?"
"Obviously. You have to tell me how much of a fool you made yourself into," Vanessa said. I groaned. Sometimes...*sigh* I tossed the now empty Starbucks cup in the trash and broke into a run. I couldn't be late to meet my idol.

     Soon, I was nearing THE theatre, aka The Richard Rodgers. I started fantasising about how cool it would be to have a show at the Richard Rogers or even on Broadway. Suddenly, I felt my feet slip out from under me and I landed on the pavement headfirst. The last thing I remember before blacking out was a dude bending down to pick me up. He looked slightly familiar but I couldn't concentrate long enough to place where I had seen him before. Maybe...

————————————————————————
*Groff's POV*

     I walked out of the stage door to only two or three fans milling about. I signed their stuff, took a couple of selfies, and waited for this Lin guy to show up. I couldn't get the image of him out of my head. Like DAMN! He's so freaking hot. Ok, Groff, stop fantasising about him and actually look for him. I stopped daydreaming and started walking a little ways up the street to the right.

     Five seconds later, I noticed the guy, Lin, running up. There was a slick spot from where it had rained earlier this morning and Lin was going to run right into it. Before I could warn him, his right foot touched the spot and he started falling headfirst towards the ground. Oh, crap. I started running towards him (but I am ushered away jkjk). Without a second thought I picked him up and carried him into the theatre.

     He was drifting in and out of consciousness which worried me. How hard did he hit his head? I took him up to my dressing room and laid him on the sofa. I looked at him for the first time in person. Somehow he was even better looking in person. He was wearing a Harry Potter t-shirt, jeans, a Yankees baseball cap, and Nike tennis shoes. Basically he dressed like the average American college student. His skin was perfectly tan, but in a sort of natural way. Maybe he was Puerto Rican or something. I bent down to move a wisp of hair from his face so I could get a better look when I heard a cough.

     "Is this our piano tuner," I heard a voice behind me ask. Alex. Right, I'd forgotten he was here. I felt a blush creeping in. Wait, why am I blushing? I just met this guy and I'm already falling for him. Well, technically he fell and I picked him up and he probably wasn't even completely conscious when I did that. So I'm falling for a guy who I haven't even met properly. Great, nice job Groff. Anyway, how long had Alex been standing there?

     "Whaaa...oh him? Yeah." Smooth. Real smooth Groff. "He tripped and fell outside. He must have fallen really hard because he's unconscious right now."

     "So he fell for you," Alex smirked. Really Alex. I rolled my eyes. Alex's phone started buzzing. "Well I'm gonna go get this. You start with him and make sure he's ok. Don't forget to use protection!" I swear Alex is going to be the death of me someday. Right at this moment, Lin started to stir. I stopped thinking about what Alex had said and glanced over at him. Ok, time to play doctor. I grabbed an unopened water bottle from my fridge and waited.