chapter thirteen

2 days later, Tuesday
Mercedes

"Yes Chandra it was horrible !" I said as I closed my locker, putting my back against it.
I had just told Chandra me and August whole story. She shook her head, from being so shock.

"I can't believe they caught y'all, then what they do?"

"We're grounded and August dad made him go live with his cousin that live here. So I haven't seen him since yesterday. I don't even know if I'm going to the prom Thursday, ugh." I said grunting.

"I hope she let's you go.." She said as we started walking down the hall.

"Yeah I do too, even though I don't have a dress or no one to go with. " I said turning to her.

"I'm going with Zane, you could come with us." she said shrugging, I blankly laughed.

"I'd be hell if I'm 3 wheeling..' I said, she shook her head.

"Well you gotta go. You can't go with Chris considering it's a rumor he's going with karrachue. " she said

"I don't give a fuck, I wasn't going with his ass either way.." I muttered. She shrugged.

"Ok then Mercedes, I'll talk to you later.." She said walking off to her class. I just went into my classroom.

Lunch...

I was just playing with my food, when Chandra and Alyssa sat across from me.

"Cheer up Mercedes.." Chandra said , starting to eat.

"It's no reason to.." I muttered then karrachue walked up.

"Aye august's little sl-" I cut her off as I got up.

"I'm tell you this one time kuchi karrachue whatever ever the fuck you motherfucking name is, I am NOT in the mood for your bullshit. Unless you gonna pop off, you can keep your shit to yourself .." I snapped, standing right in front of her. She looked around from everyone starring.

"Whatever.." She said rolling her eyes, walking off. I rolled mines as I sat down, then some people started cheering at me for telling her off. I got up, throwing my stuff away. I was over all this . I got my bag as I started walking down the hall, out the front of the school. I had to walk home since my mom took my keys .

I started walking down the side, as the wind blew in my hair. I looked off to the side and saw some guys in all black, with hoodies on. I turned my head as one of them caught my attention towards them. I saw him come up to the street , let a car pass and got on the side I was. I started walking faster, but I could fell he was getting closer.

"Aye Mercedes !" He said , but I started running, I am not trying to get raped. But he soon caught me turning me towards him.

"Please don't hurt me.."

"Mercedes it's me.." He said looking around before pulling up his hoodie. It was August. I pushed him off of me, mad.

"August you trying to give me a fucking heart attack??' I yelled but he covered my mouth

"Shush, what you doing walking by yourself anyway?"

"I came from school..why is you out here looking like some thug?"

He looked around again as he licked his lips.

"You can't rat me out ok?"

"Uh ok" I agreed,a bit confused. He took my hand as he went back across the street.