chapter nineteen

Mercedes

"Turn!!" The lady yelled at me as she was taking my mugshot. I rolled my eyes and sighed as I turned . Who would've thought I would be getting a mugshot took at only 18.

"Ok!" She said as a officer had grabbed me, pulling me down the hall. I had already got my fingerprint done and I was in their system. The officer took me in front of a cell as I loud buzzer went off, and it began to open. I went inside as the buzzer came on again, closing it.

I didn't even pay attention to the person who was sitting on the top bunk.

"Mercedes?" I looked up there.
"Nidi , they caught you too?" I asked, she nodded.
"Yeah, they caught me on the block, the night you didn't come.."

"They found it in my house.." I said, she nodded as she jump down from the bunk.
"You by yoself?"
"Aug in here too.."
"Ahhh.." She said. "This place is shit but it ain't my first time.." She said sitting on the bottom bunk.

"Well it is my first time, and these orange jumpsuits ugh their disgusting, do they wash them??" I asked pulling at it. She slightly laughed.

"I'd be surprise if they do..." . After she said that , they buzzers began to ring again.

"Lunch time , lunch time!!!!" The officers began yelling all over banging on the bars. One Sargent came to our cell.

"Come on ladies let's move it come on come on!!! " she yelled making sure we came out. We stayed in a straight line as we made it to the cafeteria , getting in the food line. After while, I saw August walk in with the boys. He saw me then got turned back as a officer was yelling at him, telling him where to go. I could look in his face and tell he was growing irritated.

"Go up Mercedes , before I pop this bitch behind me.." Nidi said, I turned back around , going up getting my tray as they threw a scoop of mushed shit on it .
"What is this?" I asked looking at it with a stale face.
"Ohh that's steak mashed potatoes and shrimp .." The lunch lady said with a smirk or is it a man.

"Look out for any hair, I'm going through some dry scalp problems so it might be flaky.." She added as I was walking away. I wanted to puke. I just sat down as I pushed the tray away from me. Nidi sat at the same table as me, across me though.

"Get out my seat!" Someone said placing their tray in front of me. I looked up and woah that's a big girl.
"Uhh excuse me?"
"Bitch get out my fucking seat what you think this is, musical chairs, get yo ass up!!" She said .
"Sam sit yo big orangutan ass somewhere else you don't run shit!!" Nidi said.
"Nidi bitch shut yo ass up.."

"Bitch you betta take yo ass somewhere before I lay you out again.," Nidi said standing up . The officers came over making Sam go somewhere else and Nidi sit back down.

"Take yo baby chimpanzees with you, I don't need them trying eat from my head.." Nidi said as Sam sidekicks went with her. Nidi sat back down as she rolled her eyes.
"Yo that's was cool of you, thanks fa sticking up fa me.." I said, she nodded.
"Aye you my bitch.."

------------------

"Lights out.." They yelled as we was now back in our cells and all the lights we're cut off . It was really dark but my eyes soon adjusted.
"So how long you been here?" I asked Nidi as we sat on the bottom bunk.
"Like 3 weeks but the first time I was in jail, I was in there a year.." She said.
"Ohh..so u used to stuff like with Sam?"

"Of course, I don got I to 3 fights already.." She said. "But we better get to bed heartbeat,I know they gonna work us tomorrow.." She said getting up, climbing up to the top bunk. I got on thee bottom one, as I laid on the hard metal frame with thin sheets.
"Ok night Nidi!" "Night don't let none bite .."

*
*
*

--------------

I woke up from loud bangs against the bars.
"Rise and shine ladies, let's get moving.." I flickered my eyes open and saw a rat on top of me. I screamed as I pushed it off and fell off the bunk.
"Ouch.." I mumbled , laying on the floor.

"Ohh is that billy? Yeah he comes a lot.." Nidi said getting down and doing her hygiene really quick in the dirty fogged up mirror. She names rats ...

"Prob wanna hurry up heartbeat.." She said changing into some different clothes. I got up as I got a extra toothbrush out, but then I rushed to the toilet, vomiting again but not touching it since it was filthy.

I sighed as I brushed my teeth and my other hygiene before changing into the extra suit kinda like Nidi's. The buzzer went off as the cell doors opened.
"Let's move!!" The Sargent said to us as we walked out. The straight line lead up outside and the sun wasn't even out yet when they gave each us a shovel.

"Let's start digging ladies.." They had out ankles cuffed as we got in a ditch, beginning to dig.
"Y'all do this every morning?" I asked.
"Yup!" She said as she continued digging.
I looked over and saw all the dudes was in a different hole , digging. I saw August as he was digging he was flexing his muscles , looking sexy . Too bad I couldn't get to him .

--------------

"Ok ladies that's all for today.." The officers said. I grunted. It was 5 p.m. Already in the evening and we've been out here since 3 in the morning. Am I in prison or been sold to slavery, I know Martin Luther King wasn't dreaming bout this type shit.

We was in a line as they were giving small cups of water. I got my mine as my tongue hit the water, it felt amazing. I didn't even care the water wasn't cold. I was in the middle of drinking when Sam knocked it to the ground.

"Oops!" She said with a smirk as her sidekicks were around her. I was mad now.
"Oops bitch oops, bitch this is Australia dessert weather , you can't drop my damn water and reply with an oops!!" I yelled at her, I saw Nidi come up behind me.
"Bitch who you yelling at?" She said coming up closer to me.

"Hoe I'm yelling at yo ass, who do you think you is?" I yelled, and she got closer.
"I don't think you know me bit-" I cut her off.

"Bitch I don't think you know me, you better back yo piping hot breathe ass up befo I pop yo ass, like damn bitch what you been doing licking rat fur, get out my damn face it's too hot fa this shit." I yelled then knocked her cup out her hands. "Oops!" I said sarcastic and walked away. Nidi came up to me soon after, laughing.

"ZAYUM ma I didn't know you could snap like that, Sam back there looking shit faced. She never had a newbie tell her off like that.." Nidi said smiling big.
"Well her ass can't be trifling like that.." I said still slightly mad.

"Here ma, you can have the rest of my water.." Nidi said, she gave it to me and smiled as I drunk it without putting my mouth on the cup.
"Thanks Nidi" " no problem.." She said before the officers started escorting inside.

_____________________

ZAYUM Benz. Lol.
C o m m e n t & v o t e ..