chapter forty

Mercedes

"Hey granny!" I said as she opened the door .

"Mercedes hey, why you here?" She asked as she picked up Drew out my arms .

"Oh ya know, come stay with my granny."

"Mercedes..." She said with a serious face . I sighed .

I said ," me and August is having p-problems ." She shook her head.

"It happens. Come in come in."

I came in with all the stuff in hands and went upstairs to the guest room she had available . Then I saw Lexus come out her room as if she had just woke up.

"Hey sis what you doing here?" She asked , rubbing her face .

"Imma be here for a while."

"Why?"

"Just...older people problems."

She straight mugged me.

"You know I would understand."

"I'll tell y'all later , I really don't wanna talk bout it right now." I sighed as she nodded and went into the bathroom and I went downstairs.

"Stay as long as you need to sweety but I think lil Drew needs changing ." She said . I picked him up .

"Thank you Grammy ." I said then went upstairs . I took him to the room and changed and cleaned him up . I kissed his cheek as he smiled widely . I laid him in my lap as I was sitting on the bed , thinking .

It was late in the evening so Grammy had just cooked dinner and called me down . Drew was sleep so I laid him in the bed , putting pillows around him to make sure he doesn't fall out . I rubbed my hands through my curls as I went downstairs to granny and Lexus already sitting down , waiting for me . I sat , we prayed and started eating .

"Mercedes now explain the reason why you're here?" My Grammy said.

I sighed as I was looking down at my food .

"A-August..uhh it's just he..he lied and cheated on me." I said low.

"What? I may be old but my gun and bullets ain't ." My Grammy said .

"I can't believe he did that." Lexus said . I nodded .

"Yeah but I'm trying not to think bout it ." I said , my Grammy rubbed my back .

"Hang in there baby." She said , I nodded with a slight smile .

"Thanks Grammy and thanks for dinner it was delicious but I'm kinda tired now ." I said and she nodded .

"Ok have a good night." She said.

"Night sis." Lexus said .

"Night." I said as I made it upstairs. I got out Drew's bath seat and got him, unswaddling him and taking his clothes off as I put him in and putting some water in, taking him a bath.

Once I was done , I dried , lotioned and dressed him . He was woke so I rocked him until he finally fell asleep. I unfolded his pen and set up the bed before placing him inside then I got some clothes and went into the bathroom, starting the shower .

---

Once I was out dried and lotioned, I did my hygiene and dressed in some pajama pants with a tank top. I put my hair into a bun and wrapped a bandana around and got in the bed . I looked up at the ceiling as I slowly fell asleep .