1

Tallulah always had perfect attendance, so she decided no one would notice if she took the day off. And if someone did notice, she did pretty good impressions of her mother. She perfected her mother's signature, too. 

She didn't feel like getting a dress after school, so she decided to go during school. It wasn't supposed to be an eventful day at school, so she figured it'd be okay to skip, just this once. Being the perfect student she was, she was overthinking it, asking herself who she'd become. Skipping school to buy a dress? It'd be understandable if she skipped school to go to a book signing or to rest up for a concert she was going to later in the night. But to buy a dress? She thought she was going mad, but her feet still directed her to Hérmes to pick up a dress her mother had on hold for her since she was 13. Her mother thought that someday Tallulah would want the dress, yet she (Tallulah) always protested that she'd rather die than wear a dress. Her mother would be delighted that she finally picked up the dress that she'd probably push aside the fact that her daughter skipped a day of school.

"Ah, Tallulah!" one of the salesmen grinned. His name tag read "Mike." "What an unexpected surprise!"

"Yeah," Tallulah laughed. "Me either. And please, call me Lou."

"So, Tallulah," he ignored her comment completely, leading her to the checkout desk. "what's going on?"

"I'm not sure if you recall, but my mother put a nice red dress on hold for me when I was 13..." Tallulah started, biting her lip a bit too harshly. She seriously couldn't believe she was doing this, especially to go to Blair Waldorf's party. A party Blair is hosting, of all people. 

No, she knew exactly why she was doing this. Blair left Lou in the dust. Lou, Blair, and Serena had been best friends since kindergarten, but in freshman year, Blair suddenly decided she was tired of Tallulah. Lou didn't think much of it, really. It was Blair Waldorf, what did she expect? It wasn't till today that Lou realized how angry she was.

"I thought this day would never come! What's the occasion, Tallulah?" Mike chuckled happily as he fetched the dress for her.

"Blair's Kiss on the Lips party," Lou replied, fighting back a smirk.

"Blair Waldorf?" he asked curiously, looking at Lou. "I thought you two weren't friends anymore."

"Oh, we aren't." Tallulah finally let herself smirk. 

The salesman shrugged and handed her the dress. "Well, have fun. This dress is stunning. Your mother will be so happy you finally picked it up."

"I'm sure she will. Thanks, Mike!" Tallulah smiled and walked out of the store with the dress. She decided to walk home today. At least she did one thing that was like herself today. She tried her best not to look at the dress as she walked, but she couldn't help but glance at it every once in awhile. Even she would admit that it was beautiful. Her phone rang before she could look at the dress again. Lou smirked and picked up. "Hello, mother."

"Someone's in a good mood...and I know why!" her mother sang. "Mike called and told me you finally picked up the dress. Are you okay? I'm excited! Come home now!"

"One step ahead of you. I'll see you in 5," Tallulah smiled and shut her phone, shoving it into her pocket. 5 minutes passed before she knew it, and she found herself taking a deep breath with a small smile on her face, getting ready to open the door to her penthouse.