Prologue

Prologue

Jaelle; beautiful, smart, athletic, no friends, tom boy, 16 and a billionaire. She lives on a small island in the Pacific all by herself. Her only friends are her mates from football camp. But she only sees them once a year. Her mum was murdered when she was 9. After that night, she swore she would find those who brought harm to her mother and have their heads on a platter. Her father, multi-resort owner and entrepreneur extraordinaire, stopped talking to her after the death of her mother. She hates her dad. She reckons her only family is the resort staff. She is used to seeing the rich and famous, but one day she learns that another celebrity is staying at the resort. She has never even heard of One Direction, and the boys like it that way. But when they stay at her dads resort, she starts to hate them. She hates everything a girl should love. Little did she know, they would play a major part in her life. Romances start to arise when the boys take a liking to her. Who will she chose? Will she ever get her revenge?

Every night, I wake up from the same horrible nightmare. It's not actually a nightmare, it's a memory. I wait for my dad to come and tell me everything is going to be okay, but he isn't here. He is probably in Paris or Italy doing some major business deals. The same memory haunted me ever since I was 9, the fire, those men, my mum.

7 years ago:

The night sky was perfect. My mum and I were sitting on the porch of our beach 3 story beach house. She was brushing my long, dark hair and singing a song her Hawaiian mother taught her. She sounded distraught, she sang as if it was her last time with me.  

Ha'aheo ka ua i nâ pali

Ke nihi a'ela i ka nahele

E hahai (uhai) ana paha i ka liko

Pua 'âhihi lehua o uka

Her voice started to crack.

"Mum, what's wrong?" I inquired, turning around to face her. She smiled a sad smile and turned me around to face the sky and she started to brush my hair again.

Aloha 'oe, aloha 'oe

E ke onaona noho i ka lipo

One fond embrace,

A ho'i a'e au

Until we meet again

I felt a single water drop fall on the top of my head. I lifted my hand to the sky to see if it was raining. My mum gently put my hands down.

"It's not raining honey." She said smiling. "You have always been the innocent one, never wanting to see the bad things so you replace them for the good you see in them. It's one of the many qualities I love about you."

I turned around to see my mother's beautiful face, streaming with tears. 

"Mum, why are you crying?" I asked desperately seeking for an answer.

"No matter what happens, I will always love you and your father, and I never want you to forget that." I nodded. Her eyes were filled with tears, love and sadness. 

Before I could ask what was going on she started to sing again. 

'O ka hali'a aloha i hiki mai

Ke hone a'e nei i

Ku'u manawa

'O 'oe nô ka'u ipo aloha

A loko e hana nei

She placed a necklace with a tiger bead pendant around my neck