Chapter One: Bacon, Nutella and Secret Elevators

Jaelle Cartwright is my name. Pronounced Jay-Elle. Stupid name aye? Well, today's activities are the same as everything else I did this summer. Eat, sleep, play, watch TV. I'm home schooled so I don't even know why they call it summer for me. I get a rather disturbing phone call at 7:00 AM. Who the hell wakes up that early?

"Hey Jae, breakfast is ready, come downstairs or else I'll get the bucket of water again." Bob, the manager said. He was more of a father than my own. 

"You wouldn't." 

"Oh, I would." I can just imagine him giving me an evil smile.

"Okay okay! I'll be down in 5.... hours." I mumbled the last part.

"I heard that. Now get your bum down here, there's bacon!"

That was enough motivation for me. BACON! I hung up immediately and ran to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and pulled my hair in a messy bun. I don't really care about changing out of my PJ's. My dad owns the place so who gives a rats ass. Plus, my All Time Low shirt is awesome. 

I got out of my executive suit I call a room and took the elevator to the 1st floor. That's where all the restaurants are. 

"Ahh here is Sleeping Beauty in the flesh!" Bob said with enthusiasm as he saw me get out of the elevator. 

"Har har, I still don't see how you are a morning person. I mean, mornings suck."

"For you my dear. Lighten up! Well it's nice to see you getting all dressed up." He said sarcastically looking at my fluffy monster feet slippers, All Time Low band shirt and shorts. 

"Aww thanks. It took me forever! I even broke a nail!" I said with my best American accent. Which failed. He smiled.

"Okay enough chitter chatter! Go have something to eat! I am so busy today!"

I said taking a seat and eyeing my beautiful bacon, waffles and fruit salad breakfast, with my favourite, VEGEMITE TOAST!

"Really? With what? A new guest? Probably famous aye?"

"Exactly, a boy band! Um is it New Direction? No! Well anyway, eat! I'll be back later. You can meet them if you want to. They are British!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. I hate boy bands. I'm a pop rock kinda-gal" I said as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Okay okay, I'll see you later then. Bye sweety." 

He kissed me on the forehead and left. Bob was the father I never had. The father my own could never amount to be. He is almost 6 feet and has dark skin. He is my dad's best mate and he practically runs the resort. My dad said he could run anything my dad owned when he was looking for a job in England and he chose here. Probably to look after me and to move to a beautiful island. Bob isn't married or has kids so he treats me like I'm his only daughter. He is my bestfriend. I love him like a dad. He keeps trying to reassure me that my dad will come around at his own time, but he hasn't. He never will. And I hate him for that.

I haven't always hated him. I started when I was 9, when my mum died. After her death, dad turned to alchohol and he burried himself into his work. He travels around the world. The last time we spoke was when I was 12. I asked him to take me out of school and be home schooled. The kids were viscious. Instead of mourning with me, he pushed me away. It hurts me every day, but I learned to ignore it. Everytime I see a wedding reception and the Daddy-Daughter dance comes on, I wonder 'Will that ever be me?'  I guess not. He hates me. I hate him. I wish we could talk it out, but he doesn't want to see me when he stays at the resort. 7 years is too long. That is just the way it is.