Chapter Six

The shrill scream of his alarm clock blaring in his ears made Sebastian an instant grump when he woke up on Saturday morning. He threw a dark grey pillow at it, successfully knocking everything off his bedside table, but at least it was quiet again. With a pained groan, he stretched out like an overgrown black panther and knocked the covers off of himself with a huff.

He was up before the sun was, they were always in a twisted competition to see who could grace the world with their presence first. He was always a miserable Grinch when he first woke up, but this morning it seemed worse than usual.

Sebastian knew exactly why, but he was doing mental Gymnastics to avoid that subject for at least a few minutes.

He climbed off the bed like a drunken monkey, going to make a pot of coffee, and have a cigarette while he waited. This was a routine everyday as he enjoyed reflecting on the day before, sitting out on his balcony, while the tendrils of smoke filled the air. He wasn't a pack-a-day smoker, or a drunk smoker, or even a stress smoker. He has one cigarette when he wakes, and one before he goes to sleep.

It had been this way since he was seventeen and was the only thing he felt he had real control over. Though his mind would tell him he wanted more, just another, his will was stronger.

Today, he was reflecting on the experience that had been hypnotizing Fancy. And subsequently, the thrashing guilt that came with erasing it from her memory.

After he woke her up, he let her fully gain a grasp on reality before he sent her off to her friends. Even with her sluggishly happy demeanor, the more she woke up, the more confused she got. Until she saw her two friends waiting to have a good time, and she was gone. Sebastian had watched her from the shadows for the hour longer they stayed there, having drinks and chatting themselves into hysterical giggles.

The magic man couldn't help be fascinated by her, and even more, his affect on her. She was way more relaxed that she had been before her trip on stage, more engaged in the conversation instead of looking like she was lost in her head. He was absolutely enthralled by the way she blossomed from his words. In a forty minute time frame as well, he couldn't help but be a little impressed.

What bothered him the most about the whole night, had been what he gathered that she thought of herself. Fancy lacked self-confidence, and hid it under an impermeable shield. It made him feel incredibly powerful putting her under, being in control of her actions. More so than he had ever felt before.

Thinking about her gave him goosebumps.

"You were a fool for letting her slip away like that."

"No, I wasn't."

"You know what we could do for her. To her."

Sebastian ignored the infuriating voicing of his inner demon, sniffing out his cigarettes and b-lining it to the coffee and making himself a big cup, black. He let the hot nectar ease his nerves before he compulsively called his parents on their house phone. He loved the fact that his parents were still a little old school, despite loving their electronic accommodations.

His parents were modern hippies, but bona-fide 70'S flower children. They had Sebastian, their only child, at a young age and did a lot of growing up with him. He always felt a un-matched closeness to his parents, and it helped that they were honest and easy to open up to. The dark man had never felt judged and he believed wholeheartedly that it lead to him finding himself at a younger age.

He knew of his inclinations, and he knew how to handle himself, but life was a mischevious witch to straighten out.