||•fluff•||

\\edited//

Colby pulls me closer to his chest and I smile to myself and I fell his grip grow tighter.
I've been with him for more then five years but I still have never heard him say 'i love you'
We've fought about it before but, still have a strong relationship.  I would get so angry about the stupid three words I never get a chance to say to the love of my life.

"What are you thinking about?" I turn around to see his beautiful blue eyes that I could just stare into forever.
"Nothing important." I try to smile reassuring but he can easily see right through it.

"Seriously, what's up?" He moves a piece of hair out my eyes and lays his hand on the side of my arm.
"It's really stupid." I look down
"It's okay." Colby gives my arm a reassuring rub.

"It's still haunting me by the fact that we still haven't said I love you in the past five years. Sometimes I scare myself by thinking that you don't love me." I shutter at my words knowing that he is going to fight with me about it.

I look back up and into his eyes. Fearing if I was going to see him so confused or worse..angry at me for bringing it back up.
"No you've misunderstood my actions." His hand goes to my face and I see the sparkle in his eye.
" y/n, I love you like no other. I could never get enough of you." His eyes go to mine staring and flickering from one to another.

Somehow there was just this little voice in my head screaming at me that he was lying.
I nodded my head.
" I love you y/n. I would never stop loving you for anything or anybody."
It was a reflex just to smile.
" I love you too colby."

Three years later》

"The sparkle in your eyes Colby." I don't take my eyes of the road. I didn't want to look at his face.
"What?" Colby places his hand on my thigh.
I hit his hand and I press a little faster on the gas.
"Your eyes. The first time you told me you loved me. There was a sparkle in your eyes. I always thought you were telling the truth about not stopping loving me for everything and anybody." My eyes cloud up and I just take one of my hands off the steering wheel to wipe them.
" I did tell you the truth."
"Did" I roll my eyes
He stays silent.
"You were looking at her." My words came out like a croak as I try my best to hold it in
"The sparkle in your eyes while she was smiling." I laugh through  my tears.
"But then, you looked at me,and the sparkle was gone." I sob out one loud time then I just exhale.
I pull into a empty parking lot and park.
The car staying silent a minute before i broke it.
"Colby. What have a done to make you stop loving me?"
He looks up at me with a pure guilty look written on his face.
I didn't look him in the eyes.
"I...." Colby stutters.
"Cheated on me? Did you tell her that you love her?" I ask. He didn't respond so I hit the steering wheel
" she's a ex. I didn't tell her I love her because I don't. I used to." He bites his lip.
"Colby--" he cuts me off
"Y/n, I fucking love you!I don't love her? Why can't you see that?" At this point he was crying too.
" look at me."He grabs my face and makes me look at him.
" look at my eyes. I love you." A tear runs down his cheek.
I look into his eyes to see the beautiful blue eyes I fell in love with.
Maybe my mind wanted me to not see the sparkle but, I did.
He stayed there waiting for the no or yes out of my mouth.
"I do." My heart hurt.
"But, why was it in your eyes for her?" I pull my face back.
"She was the first one to break my heart. I didn't want to go near here. You didn't see the sparkle you saw tears."
I felt stunned.
"I'm sorry colby."
" No, I'm sorry for now showing how much I love you." He wipes his eyes.

I nod my head 'yes'
" I love you too colby."