Chapter 11

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN BY 'SHE DIDN'T SHOW UP TO THE AIRPORT' AUBREY?!", Beca screeched.

"I waited for her plane to arrive, but when it did, she never got off. Nobody who was on the flight said they saw her get on or off the plane. Which is concerning, because let's be real, it's Amy. She's not hard to miss," Aubrey replied, obviously incredibly annoyed.

Chloe just looked concerned about her friend's wellbeing. "Is Amy okay? Did she say she wasn't coming? Have you heard from her at all?"

"No, I haven't. I was there for the entire un-boarding process," Aubrey said. "By the way, I highly recommend you are NOT present for the arrival of an early morning flight from Vegas that gets in around 2 in the afternoon. Those people are not pleasant to be around. They're tired, hung over and hungry."

"So now what?" Chloe thought out loud. "Should we file a missing person's report? Maybe there is a reason she missed the flight. Amy may be irresponsible, but she knows this was important, and she must have a good reason."

"She better have a good reason, or we'll be filing a different type of police report," Beca muttered under her breath.

As Beca began launching a tirade about how annoyed she was at Amy, there was a loud thump at the door. Seeing as Beca was so preoccupied with her rant she didn't hear the door, Chloe sent Aubrey a pleading look, to go answer the door. Torn between agreeing with Beca and yet not wanting to agree with the hobbit on anything, Aubrey went to the door.

There were urgent whispers and a few not so quiet words exchanged with whoever was at the door, but Chloe was more concerned with calming Beca down.

"Babe, why are you so upset? You're okay, everything is going to be okay." Chloe tried to comfort Beca.

"I don't know, I just..." Beca began, frustrated with herself for feeling the way she did. "I shouldn't be complaining, because I get to spend more time with you, I just. I wanted time to process everything, and..."

"And you feel like you're not going to get that time and that by the time you do, I'll have changed my mind about this," Chloe finished, knowingly.

"Yeah," Beca said quietly, amazed at how well the other girl knew her.

"Beca, I'm not going to walk away from something this special, before it even starts. I won't give up on us because you're worth it. Beca, you're tough. You try to hide it, and yes, you can be difficult at times. But if people make an effort, they always end up loving you. I'm making an effort here, because I think you're worth the effort. You may not think you are, because people have walked out on you your whole life, but I'm here to stay. You're going to be stuck with me for the rest of your life now."

Just then Aubrey entered the living room, followed by a fully chastised, slightly hung over looking Fat Amy. The usually loud Australian was clutching a tiki mug in one hand, wearing a flashing neon necklace with a miniature replica of the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas' sign, and dragging behind her a large suitcase with a koala pillow perched on the handle. The chained girls had two VERY different reactions upon seeing their friend.

"Thank the aca-gods you're okay!" Chloe said, dragging Beca behind her to embrace the Aussie. "I was worried when Aubrey said you didn't show up at the airport and nobody had seen you!"

"Yeah, yeah, it's nice to see you Amy. Glad you're safe and all that shit. Where is the key?" Beca said, bluntly.

"Never mind the key, Amy," Aubrey interrupted. "Where were you?"

"Right, yeah. So it's a bit of a funny story."

"Amy!"

"Okay, okay, don't get your panties in a twist... So, Benji performed at the Hollywood Theater at the MGM Grand, to open for Ben Murphy. He's one of the best magicians in Australia with teeth. I think he's probably a Kurdaitcha, but if he is, he's not telling. After the show, we went back to the Luxor Hotel, which is where we were staying, and we ran in to Criss Angel. He and Ben are apparently mates, who knew? Anyway, I got to talking with Ben and Criss, and they invited us to go out to Frankie's Tiki Room. We were there for a quite while, and as we were leaving, well, that's when I got Aubrey's email and dozens of missed texts and phone calls," Amy said looking over at the livid blonde grad student.