The good the bad & the babies

The forge

The forge

In the mean time Hiccup is helping Gobber carry the metal & leather that Gobber had bought from Trader Markers & Spencius into the forge, listening to Gobber talk about the things people had wanted for their now saddles Hiccup noticed Astrid & his mother walking across the square deep in conversation as Cloud jumper, Stormfly & Toothless followed behind with the baby dragons playing around their feet, Hiccup smiles stopping at the door of the forge to watch them.    

"Now Hiccup have you finished that morning gift yet?" Gobber asks coming to the door. "Sorry what?" Hiccup replies in a start, having been pulled out of his thoughts, Gobber follows Hiccup's gaze to what had distracted his chief & smiles too. "You know if you weren't the chief I'd give you a slap round the ears for spending more time staring at her like a love sick dragon than working" Gobber says. "Come on get that lot inside, then maybe you'll have time to join her" 

Hiccup takes the things he is carrying into the forge Gobber following him, back in the forge is filled with orders, Gobber's new apprentice is busy trying to finish one off. "Need any help with these?" Hiccup asks putting the stuff he was carrying down on a empty nearby work-bench. "Could really if you've got time" Gobber replies. "I should have time in a bit, I just got a few things on my to-do list I need to get done first" "I'll see you later then"

The village

Hiccup leaves the forge to see Snotlowt being dragged by the arm by his mother, he notices the pleading look on Snotlowt's face & sighs, knowing he needed to go & help or at least find out what was going on & Mrs Jorgenson spots Hiccup as he comes closer.    

"There you are!" She exclaims. "I've finished your wedding clothes & I need you to try it on just so I know it fits, I've brought Snotlowt to give us a hand" She then pushes the basket she was carrying into Hiccup's hand's before grabbing his arms & pulling him towards his house.    

The Haddock house

Once inside the house, Mrs Jorgenson lets go of Hiccup's arm's & closed the door behind her. "Why do I have to help?" Snotlowt asks as Hiccup puts the basket down on the table. "Because I said so" Mrs Jorgenson replies. "It wasn't like you were doinganything anyway" "I was!" "You were in bed in the middle of the day with that so-called girlfriend of yours"    

"Really?" Hiccup asks, folding his arms & glaring at Snotlowt, there were lots of better things he could think of that Snotlowt could have been doing "Don't start judging me, like you wouldn't be in bed with Astrid in the middle of the day if you could" Snotlowt says looking at Hiccup. "Not if I knew there was work to be done somewhere!" Hiccup shots back. "Witch you clearly know there is, you know everything I need to do this week & everyone else have offered to help except you, Erit had to force you to help with the fishing ships yesterday"