Sacrificing a limb

''So all these companies are yours?'' Mike asked, he flipped through the pages once again.
''Technically, no, they're Mark's. But I run them.'' Thomas answered. The company he worked for has been a client of Pearson Specter's for a long while but they'd never seen the boss, Mark in their office or meeting room once. Thomas, his right hand, was the one that always showed up.
''We can't do it without Mark, you know that.''
''We should! He hasn't made a decision in ages, I take care of everything that has to do with Markeys. The finances, the statistics, deals, hiring, every damn thing.'' Thomas's fist made a loud noise when it hit the table, creating a silence between the glass walls of the room.
After a while, Mike was the one to speak first again.
''We're talking about cutting some of these off, almost ten percent of your estate.''
He corrected himself, '' His estate, I meant his.''
Thomas didn't react, his fists were balled on the ebony table.
''Just get him to sign these papers and you're legally all good.'' Harvey threw them on the table, right in front of the man, bumping against his hand. His gut told him Thomas wasn't going to listen to them, he'd do whatever he saw fit as doing the right thing. And maybe he was this time but he'd better do it with their help instead of behind their backs.
''Legally?'' The man asked, sighing as he went through his hair with one hand, looking through the papers with the other.
''How do you think your boss will feel? You're not even a little afraid of getting fired?'' Mike was curious, would he ever be able to do something like this to Harvey? Risk his job, his income, all that because he thought he was saving Pearson Specter with it? He probably couldn't, literally and figuratively speaking, seeing as Harvey would never sign something he hadn't read through.
''I'm doing this for his own sake, sacrificing a limb to save the body.'' Thomas said.
''What about your sake? You care that much about the company that you'd put your own future at risk for the company's?''
''Enough, Mike.'' Harvey opened the door and waited until Mike would walk out. They'd finally come to a solution, after half an hour of throwing arguments around and going back and forth on the papers and he wasn't going to let the kid mess it up, just because Mike wanted the client to be more selfish. The clock kept ticking and only seconds passed after his associate obeyed, which left Harvey and Thomas alone.
''Look, Mike had a point. You should worry more about yourself.'' Harvey started.
''But?'' Thomas asked.
''But, if you really want to save Markeys, get control of the company.'' Harvey finished.
''You mean, take it over?''
''That's exactly what I mean.''
''I can't do that, Mark loves his company!'' Thomas shook his head, his tie hanging skew.
''Are you for real? You already control everything! You're even doing this behind his back, why wouldn't you be able to do it?'' Harvey threw his hands in the air, he really didn't get this guy.
''I just can't. I like Mark, we're friends, I'm not going to screw him over.''
Before Harvey could say anything in response, Thomas gathered his stuff and strode out.
''Get yourself and your tie straight before you come back!'' Was the last thing Harvey could call after him. The lawyer walked past Mike's cubicle on his way to the office but ignored him, not giving him a glance. His associate had let his feelings get the best of him, not something to reward him for.
''Donna.'' Harvey greeted his secretary, who was blowing her nails dry.
''Harvey, one moment.'' She blew a little harder as if that would make them dry faster before handing him a file.
''It's Casey, he needs your legal advice. If you'd only been here a couple of minutes ago, you could've heard his sexy high pitched voice screaming through the phone. I swear I could feel his spit on me as he talked. Refreshing, isn't it?'' Donna literally shivered from the memory, no one liked Casey. He was more feminine than manly with his white suits, unbelievably high voice and let's not even get started about his emotions, he was like a woman on her period times three. One minute, he was happy, the other he was eating chocolate and crying about the carbs in it whereas the next, he went to the gym to work it off to only cry again because he didn't like the gym.
''Just tell him to stop breaking the law.'' Harvey threw the file back on Donna's desk, without as so much giving it a glance and went inside. His office looked the same like it always did, his bookshelves filled with thick unread books, his desk neat, files on a pile. There was only one difference, one of his chairs was occupied by a visitor.
''Did you tell them?'' Scottie asked. Her hair was behind her shoulder on one side, on the other it fell next to her face, the way Harvey liked it. Her curls bounced up and down as she stood up to walk over and place a gentle kiss on his lips. He couldn't help but look down at her slim figure, the way her skirt emphasized her hips and damn, that butt. For a moment he was going to ask what she meant, but saw through her scheme.
''So that's what you did this for?''
''Did what for?'' Scottie asked, her eyes innocent. Had they always been that blue?
''You know what.'' Harvey said.
Scottie sighed and pushed him down in the chair. She sat down on his lap and stroked his face where after she kissed him again, a little harder this time.
''I did.'' He scratched his head. ''Sort of.''
His girlfriend raised an eyebrow. ''You 'sort of' told them I'm moving in?''
Her boyfriend shrugged and got saved by Mike coming in. ''Congratulations!''
Scotty stood up and gave Harvey one last warning look over her shoulder as she walked out, the glass door quietly shutting behind her.
''Shouldn't you be more...'' Mike tried to find the right word.
''Happy?'' Harvey helped him.
''Or excited, you know, any kind of emotion normal people would have.''
''I punished Rebekah.''
''So?'' Mike said.
''Guess her punishment.'' Harvey stood up, for him, the conversation was already over.
''You didn't.'' The associate chuckled. ''You , my man, are in some serious trouble.''
''Yeah? So are you if you don't convince that moron to take over Markeys. Find out whatever there is to find out, now. And ask Rachel to handle these,'' Harvey handed him a couple of files and Mike recognised one of the names. ''Logan? She needs to file this?'' He asked confused.
''I thought he fired us?''
''He what?'' Now, it was Harvey's time to be confused.
A voice through the intercom interrupted.
''Yeah, Harvey? Logan fired us.'' Donna's robotic voice said.
''Well why didn't you tell me?'' He supressed the urge to shout at the little machine. The vein in his forehead started to grow, he could feel it.
''I was..'' A short silence followed.
''Distracted.'' Donna said.
It was too much for Harvey. ''Donna Roberta Paulsen, in my office, immediately!''

''I can't explain how much this means to me.'' Rebekah stared at the hotel, the view and the recommendations. She almost doubted to book it for herself.
''I can. 1,088.00 dollars.'' Donna pointed at the screen of her computer, the price flickering in bold red letters. Without taking her eyes off, the blond handed the redhead Harvey's card.
''You know the code.''
''Why would I know it?'' Donna said, raising an eyebrow.
''Because you're Donna, you know everything.''
Donna smiled. ''I do, don't I?'' She and Rebekah filled in all the necessary information and booked plain tickets for Scottie and Harvey, a trip to a spa for a weekend. His oldest sister had wanted to send them away for a longer time but she knew Harvey wouldn't leave them alone for over two days. Good thing Bekah had a solution for that as well. The clock ticking on the wall was the only sound in the hall right now, a very important meeting was being held on another floor and almost everyone that had a say in the company needed to be there. Something about reformations, Donna had said. Tick. Tick. Tick. The clock.
''Shit! I've got to go, my friend could only watch Elena till two.'' Rebekah put her coat on, grabbed her purse and gave Donna a hug. ''Thanks for helping me out, without asking.''
''You know you love me.'' Donna said and winked.
''I know I love you.'' Was Rebekah's answer right before she ran down the stairs, not bothering to wait for the elevators. Once outside, she took a cab to her best friends' house, Caroline. She didn't live far from the office, only a couple of blocks away. A feeling of triumph suddenly hit her, feeling glad she had finally done something instead of obediently wandering around, waiting for a change. She'd outsmart Harvey, she just knew it. They were bounded by blood, they shared the same DNA but that didn't mean she couldn't handle her brother. And then there was Scottie, the stupid brunette who thought she could play the boss. If she didn't make a good living, Rebekah would've thought she liked her brother for his money. What didn't help either was the fact that Scottie easily could've been Rebekah's sister. The age gap between the two girls wasn't even as big as the age gap between Rebekah and Elena. In the meantime, the blonde found herself in front of Caroline's door, ringing the bell. It was almost immediately opened by her friend, she and Elena ready to leave, coats on. ''I'm sorry I'm late.'' She said.
''Gotta run, you own me!'' Caroline shouted as she ran away, her blonde curls bouncing on her back, her coat trying to follow while the wind was being blown against it.
Elena looked at her watch.
''She'll get there in time, if she keeps running at this pace.''
''I know. Caroline's never late. So, '' Rebekah said, ''what did you two do?''
After listening to Elena rambling on and on about how they had read books about the planets and now knew everything about Uranus, Pluto and Saturnus (her favourite one, because it had a ring around the globe which made it different than the others), she got on eye level with Elena.
''You were with me today, we watched some movies and went to the park. That's it, you understand?'' They were home now, and Rebekah had just made Elena a hot chocolate.
''Why?'' Elena asked, dipping the marshmallows.
''I've got a surprise for Harvey and it won't be one if he finds out, would it now?''
Elena shook her head and took a sip, burning her tongue. It was still too hot.
''Love you.'' Rebekah kissed her little sister on top of her head and went upstairs to take a longue shower. Yeah, a surprise she had for Harvey. And Scottie.