Chapter i: A little lost

Jerome's P.O.V
I looked down at Zoey and smiled, she toke another puff of her cigarette. Mitch looked over at me and smiled. "Zoey, swim over to Mitch!" I yelled, I turned back to my car and grabbed a blanket from the trunk. I was down to where Mitch was and watched her swim over, she tossed the cigarette and we helped her up. "My bag's soaking wet." She said as she chuckled, she was shaking so I wrapped the blanket around her and held her hand as we walked back to my car. Mitch went ahead of us and opened the back door, I put Zoey in and Mitch offered to drive so I could catch up with Zoey. I sat down beside her as Mitch started the engine, I turned to her and smiled.

She had mascara and eyeliner running down her face, her hair was up in a bun and she looked high. "Zoey, are you baked?" I whispered, her eyes widened and she shook her head. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her. "I'm sorry" she whispered, I just kissed her head and eventually she fell asleep. "Where are we going, Jerome?" Mitch asked, I sighed. "My place" I replied, he nodded and kept driving.

A few minutes later we pulled into my driveway, I grabbed Zoey's bag and went through it quickly. Mitch turned back and pulled out a bag, it had weed in it. I sighed and grabbed it out of Mitch's hand. I found a pack of cigarettes and grabbed it as well, these are going in the garbage. I sighed and picked her up, I walked inside the house. I walked into my room and set her down on the bed, "Jerome" she whispered. "Yeah?" I said as I turned off the lights and turned on my lamp. "I need my bag" she whispered as I handed it too her, she opened it up and went through it. "Where's the stuff" she said, "I got rid of it" She started crying. "No,no,no! I need it!" She was sobbing now, "No you don't, you're gonna be okay" I said, she got up and ran to the bathroom. She locked the door, I knocked on the door silently. "Zoey please" I could hear her knocking things over and moving things, she was still crying.

"Zoey I'm sorry, you don't need those things anymore!" I said calmly. "You'll leave me eventually, those are the only things that never left m-me" I heard a bang and then the door opened, blood was dripping on the floor. "I h-hit my head, I slipped a-and I'm so s-sorry." I led her back to the bedroom and she sat on the bed, I threw her one of my sweaters and an ice pack. She turned around and toke off her shirt, she had a huge bruise on her back. "What's this from?" I asked, she sighed. "My dealer was mad so..." She trailed off, I sighed. She toke off her bra and slipped on my sweater, I walked up behind her and moved her hair over to the side. I kissed her neck and put my hands on her waist, she giggled silently.

"Jerome!" Mitch yelled as he walked in, I turned around and Zoey blushed. "Oh um hi" Zoey said silently, Mitch just smirked and walked off. Zoey slipped off her pants and laid on the bed, I turned off the lamp and laid beside her.

Maybe things are looking up? Maybe this is my shot to change things between Zoey and I.