The One Exception

Jack's POV

"What exactly do we need to talk about?" Mark asked, watching the vampire closely as he climbed into his window once again.

"Well fer starters.." Jack said, "About earlier.."

Jack could sense the awkward feeling in the pit of his stomach. He had completely lost his humanity, and almost bit a chunk out of Mark's neck. Not only that, he left out of no where and practically could have gotten Mark killed anyway by another vampire. PLUS, he did intensely make-out with Mark...but Jack couldn't bring himself to think about that right now.

"Nah..don't worry about it." Mark said with a yawn, taking a seat on the edge of his bed.

"No Mark this is serious.." Jack walked over and sat next to his red-haired friend. "I got you involved in something that was never supposed to happen.."

"So..vampires are everywhere huh..?"

"Basically.." Jack sighed and gazed down at the floor, his feet dangling off the edge of the bed. "They are hidden in plain sight..that's why most people think they don't exist."

Jack was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable, actually talking about vampires didn't seem right. At times, he still couldn't fully comprehend that he was no longer human. He desperately missed food the most..blood could never replace the sweet sweet taste of ice cream..or cookies..or pizza..or cake. God damn did he miss cake...

He hardly used to sleep anyway, but now that he was a vampire, Jack would give anything to sleep one more time..to close his eyes and escape into a dream. To wake up from this nightmare of being a monster..

"I'm sorry I got ya involved in this Mark.." Jack peered over at his friend, looking for reassurance in his eyes.

"Hey, no need to worry. I promised I would never tell." Mark gave him a slight smile, but Jack could see the tiredness in his eyes. He wasn't sure what time it was, but he had put Mark through enough tonight. 

"It's way more than that..." Jack stood up and headed towards the window once more.

"Hey, don't-.." Mark paused, reaching his arm out, grabbing onto the vampire's sleeve. "You don't have to leave.."

"I put way to heavy of a promise on yer shoulders.." Jack whispered softly, keeping his gaze over at the window. "I put you at risk fer my own selfish reasons.." He continued,

"I wanted so badly to tell someone..to have someone else understand my pain..and know how hard it's been for me.." Jack paused, looking down at Mark's hand that was still clasped onto his sleeve. 

"But I didn't even think about the risk that comes with knowing such a secret.."

"What do you mean?" Mark asked, standing up from the bed to comfort his friend. Mark pulled him closer, wrapping his arms around the vampire's waist, hugging him from behind.

"You're practically a walking target now.." Jack said, releasing some of the tension in his muscles as he leaned into Mark's embrace. "A human that knows a vampire's existence is a very bad thing in the vampire world. You're seen as a threat that needs to be terminated."

"W-Wait..so, I'm like a wanted criminal to a bunch of deadly vampires now?!"

"Eh.." Jack closed his eyes, sighing deeply, realizing the deep truth about the situation..and how horrible he feels for putting Mark into this position. 

"I guess I can't sugar coat it in any way.." Jack turned around to face the other man, "Vampires are all about secrecy..and now that someone knows..word will definitely get out..and someone will probably start hunting you.."

"Oh come on..!" Mark groaned, tossing his hands up in the air. "Maybe you should have thought about that before you almost sliced my neck open with those weapons in your mouth!"

"I-I'm sorry..! I just...I just wanted someone to talk too.." As if he could feel any worse at this point...

"Ah Jack..I'm sorry..I didn't mean that..I know this isn't easy for you either.." Mark sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I can't imagine what you had to go through..without being able to tell anyone...I want you to know that you aren't alone anymore okay..?" 

Jack looked over at Mark, finally feeling somewhat normal again. He peered into his deep brown eyes and smiled. He is so grateful that it's Mark. If he had told anyone else...they probably would not have handled it the way Mark did. He was so understanding..and that's exactly what Jack needed right now..someone to understand. 

"Thanks Mark.." Jack stepped toward him and hugged him tightly, laying his head on his shoulder. "But I swear, I will never, EVER let anything happen to ya." 

"C'mon that's not-"

"No Mark I mean it.." Jack looked up at him sternly, "I got you into this mess, so I swear I ain't gonna let no fucking vampire lay a hand on you."

"Awh, not a single vampire can touch me?" Mark teased, attempting to lighten up the moment.

"Nope." Jack shook his head, determined by his new purpose.

"Hmm..not even you..?"

"Heh..well..I guess I can make one exception.~"

______________________________________________________________

AHHHH KJBF:JBD:KJ I know its been almost a year since last update..eehh..I don't really have an excuse..I'm just lazy *cries internally* ..butttt..here ya go. Hopefully I can keep cracking out chapters for those of you who waited so patiently. LOYAL AF. Thank you.