Room mate

"Thanks for driving me here." I thankfully say to Mr. France, one of my dads american work colleagues, who I found out was the person that told my father about boarding school.

Apparently his daughter went here about six years ago and it was 'the best thing' she has ever done. "anytime at all Alexia, you have my number so once you set your new SIM card up you will be able to call me any time you need."

Saying goodbye I get out of the car and grab my bags and suitcases. I was hoping me France would get out and help me carry my stuff so I didn't have to make more than one trip, but he didn't. So here I am, standing out the front of my new 'school/home', in a different country, were I know absolutely no one.

"Need a hand?" An American accent comes from behind me. I turn around to see a tall,blonde hair girl, wearing a short maroon checked quilt, white shirt and knee high socks. "arh- yeah if you don't mind? I'm new and don't really know where I'm going."

"Your the Australian chick,arent you?"

"Yeah you could say that."

"And your my new roommate"

"Um am i?"

"Yeah, my last one asked for a room swap, not sure why but I was told this morning that I was having an Australian room mate, although I never got your name?"

"Oh" why would her roommate get a room swap? "I'm Alexia"

"Well alexia, I'm Bree, and I'm bored of standing out here so let's get you to our room then you can go see the office and tell them that your here."

"Yeah alright thanks."

The room was bigger than I imagined it to be. like it wasn't huge but it was a pretty decent size.

On one side of the room the wall was covered with photos and poster, a single bed with a bed side table on either side and a lamp on top of them, a big chest of draws and clothes all over the place with empty bottles of alcohol mixed in with them. On the other side it was like a blank canvas with the same furniture as the other side.

"Sorry, never got round to cleaning." Bree tells me as I look around.

"The new rooms like this one has their own bathroom and cupboard." she says pointing at two doors.

"Maybe once you've settled in you'll make your own photo wall," she also mentions as she watches me look at her photos from my side of the room. By what I can see she likes to party."

"Oh my gosh Bree you will nev-" the door bursts open and a black hair girl rushes in, stopping what she's saying once she sees me.

"Oh.. hi. didn't know Bree was having a guest."

"Agh yeah I'm her new room mate, alexia."

"Well then alexia where's bree?" She reminds me exactly like Nicole. rude and fake.

"She's just gone out for a moment, she'll be back."

The un named girl goes over to Bree's bed, sits down and pulls out a cigaret. instead of unpacking I must have been staring as the girl offers me one.

"No..i don't smoke thanks"

"Suit yourself." she says and pulls out her phone.

"Hey Tam," Bree says as she walks in the door. "have you met alexia?"

'Tam' doesn't look up from her phone, as Bree mouths the word sorry to me. "Alexia this is Tammy." she finally looks up and I don't know what else to do but give a small smile.

20 minutes I am in the office for, receiving information, rules and my time table for my classes. After I finally get out all I want to do is have a shower, but just outside of my room I stop as I hear talking.

"She seems cool? why can't she come?" I hear Bree say. "fine. whatever. but if she goes sooking to a teacher it's all your fault."

I walk in acting like I didn't hear a thing.

"Lexi?" I turn to look at Bree. "yeah?" "there's this party down near the beach not to far away, want to come with?"

I've never been one of those people who had to go to a party every weekend, but I also have never been one of those people who stress about school. A party here and there was always fun, and I guess I have to meet new people.

"Sure a party sounds fun?"

"Yay! your in for a good night!"